• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good Guy With a Gun (story collection)

One day about 35 years ago, I was young and well armed and enjoying a day of shooting up a canyon a few miles from my house, a box canyon. It took a decent truck to get in there but at the end was an old mining operation, a couple of small abandoned buildings and a concrete slab 75 feet/25yds long. I made a bullseye target set-up and mounted on one end and shot from the other, it was fucking awesome.

I hear a car crashing and grinding its way up the road to my location, it arrives covered in mud and dents and two felons get out. Felon #1 pulls a 38 snubbie from his waist and starts blasting at a piece of plywood 150 yds up on the hillside. Felon #2 is staring me down from his side of the car. I'm standing behind my truck using the tail gate for a bench for my pistol box, a 22 target pistol on the gate. Felon #1 reloads, glances at Felon #2, they square up and face me down at 7 yds or so.

Felon #1 says, " Is that all you got, the 22 pistol?" I replied, "It's better than that shitty 38 for target shooting." The scumbags exchange a look and he reaches for the snubbie he stuffed in his waistband. As he reaches, I lift my 586 S&W, 357 Magnum from behind the gun box and get the drop on these two idiots. He is about 1/2 way up with his gun. He looks up surprised and I said, " It doesn't beat this. Move another inch and you both die."..........................a brief pause for the surprise and now I have their undivided attention. As I racked the hammer back for a nice single action first shot and got ready to put a 158gr JSP in the scumbags chest I said, "Drop the fucking gun or die......................................now!"

Gun hits dirt, hands go up, people start talking about just wanting to be friends and not meaning any harm, blah, blah, blah, blah. I offered them a choice, grab up the gun and let's get to it or take that shitbox car back down the canyon before I killed them both. Essentially, "Fuck Off!" As they skulked to the car I told them if I saw them on the way out I would just assume it was because they wanted to die and shoot on sight.

Made it to a small store a couple of miles away and called the sheriff, donated the gun and filed a report.

Nothing a Democrat ever suggests ever includes disarming criminals. Nothing a democrat ever supports victims defending themselves against criminals. NOTHING a Democrat ever demands as a law does anything to impede a criminals ability to get firearms, use firearms, carry firearms or commit murder with firearms. In the 100 year history of anti-gun legislation demanded by Democrats................NO LAW has been intended to make innocent people safer. All Democrat supported laws are aimed at making it easier for felons, criminals, their lackeys' and minions to brutalize, terrorize, murder, rape, rob and imprison unarmed, innocent people who's one crime is to disagree with leftist politics.

No Democrat EVER supports the victim of violent crime unless the crime furthers their anti-gun, pro-crime agenda.

Democrats are fucking evil and generally fucking stupid and their plan for you is very close to Hitler's or Stalin's plans from the 1930's and 40's.

Last edited:
Smart move…don’t know if I’d have had the presence of mind to not pull the trigger in that situation. Especially when the adrenalin kicks in. Shoot ‘em and one or two fewer scumbags consuming oxygen, but you know it’ll land in court and little Dindu’s family’s lawyers have a field day. Dump ‘em in a lime pit, and sure as shit some bird watcher or hiker records the whole thing on a cell phone.

Likely the best outcome…. Were they ever caught and questioned?

OT: One of the more memorable good guy with a gun incidents in recent memory:

Reactions: tomcatmv
About 4 decades ago, I was driving my 1969 FJ40 Landcruiser I had proudly installed a soft top on and became lost in an industrial area of a major west coast shithole. I knew which way I needed to go but kept driving into dead-ends that were entrances to some sort of yard or another. It was about 0230. As I rolled up to a stop sign, this POC started across the crosswalk. As he got to about my passengers side bumper, he jumped and opened the door and started to climb in. I reached between the seats and pulled my 1911A1 Remington Rand National Match and clicked off the safety. He froze, a weird look on his face. I said, "Get in." He hesitated so I said, "Get the fuck in here." He jumped backwards, fell down and crawled as fast as he could until he was up and running back the way I had just driven. I put it in reverse and squealed the tires a little and he shifted gears.
I went ahead and drove on about my way and ended up finding my way to an intersection I could find on my map.
I have no doubt that dipshit was going to rob me.

Last edited:
Smart move…don’t know if I’d have had the presence of mind to not pull the trigger in that situation. Especially when the adrenalin kicks in. Shoot ‘em and one or two fewer scumbags consuming oxygen, but you know it’ll land in court and little Dindu’s family’s lawyers have a field day. Dump ‘em in a lime pit, and sure as shit some bird watcher or hiker records the whole thing on a cell phone.

Likely the best outcome…. Were they ever caught and questioned?

OT: One of the more memorable good guy with a gun incidents in recent memory:

Maybe not.

He did say it was an old mine far from nowhere.:p:cool:

Here's a good one in the news just recently, where one good guy with a gun stopped three predators who were invading his privacy and trying to interfere with his freedom of association:

One of my favorite stories. Read the whole thing. Hector waited until he had space and then took them all out. The Hector Drill should be part of your practice.

Here's a good one in the news just recently, where one good guy with a gun stopped three predators who were invading his privacy and trying to interfere with his freedom of association:

These "To Catch a Predator" groups only ever post the videos where they succeed and don't fuck up too bad. Otherwise....they frequently don't succeed and fuck up badly. Probably more deleted videos of them doing stupid shit than any real catches.

The worst thing is that they have no chain-of-custody or other evidentiary procedures that would allow anything they do whatsoever to be admissible in court. So you just outed a chomo and now the fucker is going to walk because you didn't do it right. And they are gonna learn from the experience making them even harder to catch when real cops get involved.

Then you get the 3 assholes like this that go down to the Whole Foods looking for "some dude in a flat brimmed hat with a vape pen in a Subaru." And predictable shit happens at that point. All the sudden you are beating a dude who has no idea what the fuck is going on but he recognizes that his Glock needs some impromptu range time in Isle 3.