• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good high speed photography of bullets in flight

KYpatriot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2009
wishing i was in KY

Attachments

• Bullet-sideways_2_2791751k.jpg
    Bullet-sideways_2_2791751k.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 14
Shooting metallic silhouetts back in the day in the creedmore position you would rest the gun on your calf. Shooting a big revolver this way would teach you to use a blast shield over your leg or suffer actual skin cutting from the cylinder gap. I used a twice folded piece of suede leather and even then I would get bruising on my calf from the blast.

Great Resolution on those Pics.
Wow . I knew there was some gas powder burn blowout in Cylinder gap on firing Revolvers . But Jesus..the 500 S&W is just ridiculous and I mean that Not in a complementary way . It just over the top inefficient primitive, berserk ridiculous .
It makes the .50 DE look much more appealing in design efficiency when comparing Pics. of both .

That's why you get as much as 300fps increase in a closed breach gun such as the Encore verses a revolver in the same caliber.