• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing good left handed remington 700 trigger

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
what's a good brand aside from standard remington or timney? Something very consistent even at about 1 lb that doesnt run above $200.

Re: good left handed remington 700 trigger

Jewell HVR with side safty. Nut up and spend the extra $$, it's worth every penny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol ok. does it come with a left handed safety? </div></div>

Yes, I ordered one today from Jewell.

Jewell Triggers
3620 HWY 123
San Marcos, TX 78666

1-512-353-2999

I am not a competitor, but I have some REAL nice Remmy triggers at #3. Am I missing something by not getting an after market trigger. Will I notice a difference?? NOT being a smart ass, asking a question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ftchmup</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not a competitor, but I have some REAL nice Remmy triggers at #3. Am I missing something by not getting an after market trigger. Will I notice a difference?? NOT being a smart ass, asking a question. </div></div>

I've had reworked Remington triggers and Jewell triggers. While some of the 700 triggers can be made very smooth, most will just be what they are, a reworked factory trigger. Yes, there's a difference but, will your groups get smaller due to that difference, probably not. What you will get is a more consistent trigger pull weight at the lower weight of pull. I use the HVR 1-3Lb trigger set at 2 Lbs and under. I've even hunted with a 10oz trigger in a box but, I'm used to a 2oz trigger on my BR rifle so 10oz wasn’t that big of a deal.

For years, Jewell has set the standard for triggers. If you've never owned one, you’re missing out. You need to have at least one in your life so you can see/feel the difference.