• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good morning for load testing.

rdl65

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2009
TN
I did some testing this morning with the 105gr. Berger VLD's. Great morning for shooting and I got my best group to date.

The best group was shot with 42gr of Reloader 22, seated ten thousandths into the lands. The average speed was 2750fps. The other groups were loaded just touching the lands and measured .820" and .930". All groups were shot at 200 yds.

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

Re: Good morning for load testing.

Very nice. Its nice when you find a good load that just repeats. I just finished a load for my 243 win 26" barrel, 105gr amax using 44.5gr RL-22 with them .020" off the lands. 2930 avg speed with low ES/SD. Getting .4's groups at 100 yards. Going to test them out to 500 yards here soon, to see what they can do.

Thanks for sharing...

I'd bet you can get it better than that. Maybe try seating depth changes and some finite charge changes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd bet you can get it better than that. Maybe try seating depth changes and some finite charge changes. </div></div>

Yeah I need to try some powder charge variations now. 42grs. of Reloader 22 is all I've tried so far.

I've tried different seating depths and the groups just started opening up the farther off the lands I got.