• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good morning from southern Colorado

FieldGaugeFailure

Dry firing at fridge magnets
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2024
Southern Colorado
Good morning folks. Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm from (former USAF, I'm "from" nowhere/everywhere) in southern Colorado, moved out here a few years ago to get away from Denver and cities in general. I'm an avid hunter (mostly coyote, with a sprinkling of various birds), competition pistol shooter (Shadow2/Carry Optics, no USPSA membership so no classification), and looking to expand in competition tactical rifle/long range shooting. I also do astrophotography as well, and two of my main imaging scopes are below (excuse the mess, I'm rearranging my office so a lot of stuff is sitting my kitchen currently). Specs on my rig are as follows:
Left Scope
  • Takahashi FSQ85 w/reducer
  • SBIG KAF16200
  • 2 inch LRGBHaOS filters (Astrodon)
  • Mount varies (I have several I've collected over the years)
Right Scope
  • Vixen VSD100
  • Moravian KAI11002
  • 2 inch LRGBHaOS filters (Chroma)
  • Mount is same as above
If you know telescopes/CCDs the above will make sense, if not, putting it into rifle terms, both of these setups would be akin to a nice MPA in PRS.

My moniker comes from when I built my first DMR. I didn't know anything about barrels at the time, and said "Christensen barrels look cool and are expensive, these have to be good". Built the rifle, shot it, grouped horribly, shot it with different match ammo, grouped horribly. I tested the chamber with gauges, it failed on no-go, then failed on field. Sent it back to Christensen, next barrel came back and failed on no-go. Sent it back to Christensen, next barrel came back and failed on field, so I gave up and got a different barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 10