• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good NASA thoughts

Re: Good NASA thoughts

I can think of a million other programs and departments that should be cut but cutting NASA's budget or trying to reorient NASA to help Muslums (WTF was that about?) is a real shame. We took our eyes off the ball and we really need another war/revolution to revitalize the people and bring back forward looking programs like NASA. Cool video.

1zjhix.jpg

If I could somehow be the one who decides where the money goes NASA would be getting tens of billions of dollars a year. The long term survival of our species depends on us getting off this rock. I want to see it happen in my lifetime. Heck, I want to be a part of getting us there.

That video completely skips over what I think is the most vital part of NASA. All of the inventions that they came up with to solve problems we didn't know existed. They did the fundamental research on everything from velcro and cordless drills, to fuel cells.

Don't forget Tang, the orange elixir of the skies. I really like that picture High Binder.

Long before I retired and became an LEO in my hometown... I spent three years at NASA, working at JSC in Clear Lake. I had the rough job of going to every Shuttle launch in 1992, 1993 and 1994. Seeing just one launch is unreal... seeing them all is just too good to be true.

NASA's entire budget at the time represented 1/700th of ONE percent of the total federal budget. Overall, the federal govt's expenditure on paint and tires (across all agencies) was larger than the entire NASA budget.

Yes, it's a shame. Blame Dan Goldin. Those who worked for the agency know what I am talking about. What a snapperhead.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Great video.

I had to chuckle at the tags for video.

Tags: Neil deGrasse Tyson, NASA, funding, we, stopped, dreaming, must, get, off, this, fucking, rock, to, survive, you, stupid, sons, of, bitches