• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Good On-line Trajectory calculator ???

AnschutzNerd

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2010
World Traveler
Hello S.H. Members,

Please recommend a calculator that takes a 20-MOA mount into consideration.

I have not been able to find one. FREE preferred.

A.N.

Hello S.H. Members,

Please recommend a calculator that takes a 20-MOA mount into consideration.

I have not been able to find one. FREE preferred.

A.N.

The tilt angle of your scope mount is of no concern to any ballistics program, free or commercial.

You preferred program just needs to know your scope height and what yardage you're zeroed at ( along with a few other variables, i.e., bullet velocity, elevation, temperature, etc. ).

JBM is the best of the bunch when it comes to free, and the 20MOA cant has no bearing on your dope, the Sight Height, or the scope line above the bore does, which almost all take into account.

JBM is the best of the bunch when it comes to free, and the 20MOA cant has no bearing on your dope, the Sight Height, or the scope line above the bore does, which almost all take into account.
so Lowlight, if the balistic calculator doesnt need to take the 20moa base into account, would you just take the drop calc in moa and subtract 20 due to the extra moa in the base?

so Lowlight, if the balistic calculator doesnt need to take the 20moa base into account, would you just take the drop calc in moa and subtract 20 due to the extra moa in the base?

What ?????

I think you need to take a class... you don't do anything with your base angle. It has no bearing on your dope, ignore it. It only effects your scopes's internal travel, not how your rifle shoots.

alright i get what your saying. thanks for the quick response. a scope with lets say 60 MOA elevation adjustment would have 80 when paired with a 20 moa scope base, right?

If it has 60 MOA, from center (flat base) that is 30 up and 30 down, you use the 20 MOA canted base so you get 50 up and 10 down instead of 30/30.

You don't need to dial in both directions equally. So you angle the scope so you get more adjustment in the direction you do need. This allows you to shoot farther, pointing the scope down picks the barrel up when shooting.