• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Good / permanent anti-fog treatment or spray?

BigBrother

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2007
New England
So, I have these piece of shit polycarbonate safety glasses I use for shooting- I'd tried a number of expensive brands, including Oakleys, and all had bad distortion at the edges. So ironically, I found these at an auto parts store and they were great. Clearer and more distortion-free than anything I've tried. The only thing is, they fog up like crazy. I tried using some anti-fog spray that came with my Otis kit, but it works for all of about 15 minutes. I know this is a bit like putting lipstick on a pig, but these things really do fit me great and are extremely clear. So, any suggestions on how to really fog-proof them?

Thanks!

Re: Good / permanent anti-fog treatment or spray?

I found it is more a function of the glasses, because I have tried several different types of anti-fogs with one pair I use and they do not work well either.

Not to change topic here, but John, I had another optics question specifically for you- can I PM you?

Thanks

MotoSolutions - Anti Fog

We started using it at Sniper Schools and it works pretty well. Not permanent but does last a while.

Google MotoSolutions and you willl probably find it. They are in the CA area.

Good Luck!

I shoot competitive trap and use Ranger XL frames and get my lenses from Alan Lehman of Alan Lehman Optical (http://lehmanoptical.net/ -- if this website isn't current use google to get contact info).

Good pair of shooting glasses like Ranger XL's won't fog up on you. If you need an RX lens a shooting optometrist like Lehman are worth their weight in gold because they will put the optical center where you are looking when you're sighting your gun -- which is different than where you need them walking around in normal activities.

Spit and rinse is what we used wehn scuba diving- the masks fog up badly when we hit the cold water.
Rubbing a potato also works. It has something to do with the starch and sugar in potatos and our spti.
I believe there are commercial anti-fog sprays, but nothing will be permanent. Check at an auto-parts store for the windshield anti-fog sprays.

Jim