• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Good place to have a Badger Bolt knob installed?

Re: Good place to have a Badger Bolt knob installed?

If you want it sent out NOW, GAP is probably the best company I know of for certain reasons. If you can wait a week I might be able to do it for $30 if you supply the knob. If you don't have the knob it's $30 + knob cost

Keith Johns
Future gunsmith(will be attending YCC gunsmithing in August), and hobby bolt knob designer/machinist/installer

GAP does it in a matter of minutes with a CNC mill. Sends it back very quickly. Good price.

Patriot Arms Inc and GAP

Does GAP install a pin as well to reinforce the weak portion of other bolt handle? I have heard of others that do this.

I had David (dpkdavis on here) do two of mine, and I'm extremely satisfied. Pro grade work at only $75 each with $10 shipping and a 24 hour turn around once they arrive? Yes please! I'd highly recommend him to anyone!

Shooter_308,

Do you know if David can do a clip slot for me on an M40 build I am doing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cproflow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does GAP install a pin as well to reinforce the weak portion of other bolt handle? I have heard of others that do this. </div></div>
No, they don't. But really dude, instead of using the <span style="font-style: italic">"Search"</span> function and reading a bit you chose to resurrect a thread whose last previous post was nearly 3.5 years ago? WTF?

Keith

...on the bolt handle might be a good place.
smile.gif

I have my bolt out to www.shortactioncustoms.com right now getting their conversion. They do a great job at reinforcing the bolt handle with a threaded bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does GAP install a pin as well to reinforce the weak portion of other bolt handle? I have heard of others that do this.
</div></div>
flaw.jpg

Yes, some bolts have inclusions in them. Some worse than others, Savage bolt handles have some doozies. I drill and tap for a 10-32 hardened cap screw as it helps to strengthen it.

aries64 on here does them for snipercentral's people.

Tig welded tac ops kit with knob and reinforcing shank. Its about the highest quality way of doing it.

Keith from Phoenix Custom Rifles on here also does a top quality job. He does it a little bit differently, but is setup to do it quickly and can work with you on refinishing the bolt at the same time.

Edit: Just noticed. Holy thread revival, batman!