• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good replacement for 105 amax

scatterbrains

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2011
Looking for a good bullet for my savage 1:9.25TW barrel been working up the 105 amaxs but cannot find much available.
Been looking at the 95gr smk's for a replacement. Ill be using Ramshot Hunter
Will be shooting from 100-1000yds.

What kind of feedback can you guys give me thanks.

both of those require at most a 1:8tw. I'm running a 1:9.25 two factory barrel

I run the same twist in a factory R700 varmint, 105 Berger VLD's shoot a little better than the 105 A-Max in my rifle while sharing the same powder charge and the 107's would stabilize but I never got the accuracy I saw with the 105 VLD or A-Max. I started shooting them seated into the lands (VLD's) but also found that they would shoot just as well jumping from a little shy of max mag length in the internal mag box.

More can be seen on my thread here
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...56-update-243-remington-sps-varmint-105s.html

cool I'll have to try them. for now I picked up some hornady bthp 105s to try. Thanks again

I'm shooting a stock Rem700 barrel (9.125 twist) and I found the 105 Barnes Match Burner to be much easier to get to shoot over the Hornady BTHP. I am new at rifle loading, though, and have not tried many powders or seating depths. I stumbled onto <.5 MOA groups with the Barnes and decided to leave good enough alone.