• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Good Scope for an FNAR?

alien319

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 25, 2007
PA
www.curtispittman.net
Hey guys what would be a good scope for the FNAR? I am kinda thinking something with good power, but something that can be very useful at close range. BTW the farthest I'd be shooting would be around 300 yards. What are your thoughts and Suggestions?

Re: Good Scope for an FNAR?

I guess any scope would be OK. Because if you were looking through any scope, you couldn't see that ugly ass rifle !!!!!

LOL. Seriously though, it would be easier to answer your question if I knew what your budget was. My first thought would be a Leupold CQ/T, which is an excellent optic for up close all the way out to 200 yards, but 300 yards is probably pushing it for the CQ/T. But in any case, how much are you looking to spend?

My experience with the FNAR is that it is extremely accurate. At 100 yards it's as accurate as any out of the box bolt gun.

Re: Good Scope for an FNAR?

Jimmy is just jealous of my FNAR…..

The FNAR is a great rifle as far I can tell at this point. Mine has cycled about two hundred rounds of four different types of ammo without any failure. Accuracy was unbelievable from the beginning to the end. One draw back is the availability of spare magazines. Good luck finding any.

After I purchased mine, I took a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 3.5x10 (http://www.swfa.com/pc-3182-297-leupold-35-10x40-mark-4-lrt-30mm-riflescope.aspx) off of a 24 inch 6.8mm SPC rifle and took it to the range to break in the barrel. The 3.5x10 was a good fit for the FNAR, and worked well for three different shooters without adjustments. We all shot ½ to 1 MOA at 100 yards. I subsequently bought a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T 4.5x14 (http://www.swfa.com/pc-3409-297-leupold-45-14x40-mark-4-lrt-30mm-riflescope.aspx) as the permanent glass on the FNAR, but I haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

I agree with Jimmy on the Leupold CQ/T. I have mine mounted on a Bushmaster A3 20 inch target rifle and it works great out to 200 yards. Haven’t tried it out to 300, but who knows, it might work great. I would think the size of the dot at that range might obscure your target, depending on the target size. Also, the elevation and windage adjustments are only 1/2 MOA, not exactly what you want for 300 yards.

By the way, I would strongly recommend shopping around for the scope at www.swfa.com. I’ve found them to have good prices, great item availability, and very good customer support.

Best of luck.