• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good shooting bag!

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
Tried the search function with no luck, but looking for opinions on rear shooting bags. Most of the bags Midway sells are out of stock, and reviews show them splitting open. What are some good ones? Shooting prone with a bipod....

Re: Good shooting bag!

I use a TAB bag with good results. The Triad Wedgie is another popular one, although I've never used it. Also, a sock filled with plastic BB's works as well as any and is inexpensive.

I highly recommend the TAB bags. And I highly do not recommend using a sock. I spent many years using a sock, it can work ok. However a sock being elastic will settle due to recoil causing you to have to adjust far more than using the TAB bags or others that use non-stretch materials.

If you want to make something at home use an old pair of jeans and cut off part of the leg sew one end shut, fill with airsoft bb's or something similar and then sew the other end shut. Just make sure the material is not elastic or stretchy.

Hope that helps.

DO NOT BUY THE CHEAP, MIDWAY KNOCK-OFF BAGS!! They blatantly ripped off several different people's designs, used inferior quality materials, outsourced production overseas, and are now selling them at a fraction of the price of competitor models. Buy good quality, American-made stuff like those which have been recommended above.

Now, with that said, have a look at Triad Tactical's website and the link that oldirtdog gave you above. Steve offers numerous bags under Triad's own brand, as well as many other brands, including Red Tac, Tab, Badger, etc.

triad is good.

i also have an old sock filled with two bags of dried black beans that works quite well.

if shtf, i can always survive a week on my shooting bag's contents.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TAB or WIEBAD...pick either one of those an you are golden. </div></div>

+10000000000000000000000000000000000

I heard thee was a storm in the Pacific last week and a ship sank. On that ship was Midway's fourth quarter supply of rear bags knocked of from Triad TAB and RedTAc Gear. It's a sad story and I wish it was true. Well at least the part about the boat sinking is made up, but the part about shameless lack of originality is true. There were so lazy, they even used the product description that I WROTE for the Triad Rear Bag.

Thanks to all of you that continue to support the three of us.

I use the standard size Triad Wedgie. Could'nt be happier. The bag works great, and due to the wedge shape, you can use if for many different heights. The way it's built, looks like it will last for many years. Money well spent.

I prefer the red tac pillow over the wedge and triad bag. Much more usable height unless the extra space it takes up is a problem.

If you like more height, be sure to consider the LARGE version of the wedge:
image1.jpg

Large Size:
Weight: approx 3.75Lbs
Length: 8"
Height: 5"
Fill: Poly bead
Material: 1000D Cordura

If you really need to jack it up, you can stand it on end, base on the ground and pointed end up. This works out to about 5-7.5", depending on how much squeeze you put on it.

I had a Tab in Multicam, at least that was until someone decided to acquire it from me. It was nice while I had it to use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: majohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a Tab in Multicam, at least that was until someone decided to acquire it from me. It was nice while I had it to use. </div></div>

How did you like it on edge? Thats when you had it....LOL
I need alot of rear bag where I shoot, alot of down hill stuff.

Have both Triad Bags and definitely recommend them! Great Products

I to have both of Triad's wedges, I like the Large the best for prone shooting. They are some great kit.

I heard thee was a storm in the Pacific last week and a ship sank. On that ship was Midway's fourth quarter supply of rear bags knocked of from Triad TAB and RedTAc Gear. It's a sad story and I wish it was true. Well at least the part about the boat sinking is made up, but the part about shameless lack of originality is true. There were so lazy, they even used the product description that I WROTE for the Triad Rear Bag.

Thanks to all of you that continue to support the three of us.

Just walked in from the range. My lightly used Midway bag broke today (lame stitching) so I did a search for bags. That's how I ran across the above post. I have been pretty loyal to Midway for a long time and spend a lot of money there. My Midway bag is a spot on copy of the TAB. That makes me sad. Then I called Steve on the off chance he might answer. Because he didn't I ordered 2 bags, the Red Tac Gear Rear Bag and the TAB rear bag. And then I added a few other items to my basket because I was there. Steve, if my number (the one you just now missed) ever pops up on your phone again, do not answer. I will be forced to buy 2 of something because you aren't there to give advice and I can't make up my mind on my own.

The biggest issue doing business with Triad is getting on their website. That $39 rear bag always costs $400 by time you check out.

Just walked in from the range. My lightly used Midway bag broke today (lame stitching) so I did a search for bags. That's how I ran across the above post. I have been pretty loyal to Midway for a long time and spend a lot of money there. My Midway bag is a spot on copy of the TAB. That makes me sad. Then I called Steve on the off chance he might answer. Because he didn't I ordered 2 bags, the Red Tac Gear Rear Bag and the TAB rear bag. And then I added a few other items to my basket because I was there. Steve, if my number (the one you just now missed) ever pops up on your phone again, do not answer. I will be forced to buy 2 of something because you aren't there to give advice and I can't make up my mind on my own.

Ditch the bag all together. ..just one more thing to lug around. I switched to a accu-shot monopod and won't go back. Just another option

TAB is great that's what I started to use. I started out with tac ready tac ball unfortunately they don't do civilian sales anymore. It sucks since I want another tac ready.

I got two badger bones bags and like them so far but the wedge looks pretty good too, time to get on the Triad website again!

Sorry I missed your call, but thanks for sharing your comments on the quality of MIDWAY USA, made in China, knock-offs........