• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good showing for GA Precision and PWS

BattleAxe

Chief
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2010
    Earth
    Smokin' good day today. I teamed up with fellow Hide brother Dmack for the year end sniper/spotter match at Bradford Sportsman's farm. I ran my GAP HRT and Dmack ran his PWS MK-114 and we pulled in a solid second place. Nice shooting brother!

634-hrt-pws.jpg

Re: Good showing for GA Precision and PWS

congrats!

What a great day. That HRT is the HEAT! I want a Crusader so bad I can taste it. Awesome shooting today... Great to meet other Hide members as well.

Good shooting guys and it was great to finally to a faces to names.

What time did it finally end? had to head out at 2:30

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shooting guys and it was great to finally to a faces to names.

What time did it finally end? had to head out at 2:30 </div></div>

Back atcha bro. Me and D got back to the fort around 7:10 but we had a 1.4 hr drive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DMack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That HRT is the HEAT! </div></div> Thast wasn't the HRT you felt bro...that was me. I got wood every time you bent over in those cute little Army pants LOL

And I shaved my legs for this?

That PWS shot pretty good for having a bent scope
    wink.gif

Dave,
    Sorry I missed this one. The last minute planning does not work well with a long drive.

Glad you shot well, again. Hope to make some more matches in 2012.

At least this time it wasn't the nut behind the trigger that was loose...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jackinfl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave,
    Sorry I missed this one. The last minute planning does not work well with a long drive.

Glad you shot well, again. Hope to make some more matches in 2012. </div></div>Yea this match was a bit last minute for me too. Lot of familiar faces there and it was good to see a few new guys out too. We'll catch you next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blue Line</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They aren't going to rescore this one later and move you down are they??? LOL, Nice shooting BA and DMack!!! </div></div> LOL...I was waiting for that call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting, and nice rigs. What S&B scope are you using? </div></div>

Thanks. PM II 5X25x w/P4F reticle

BA, congrats and good shooting.

DMack,pleasure meeting you. Say Hi too John B for me.

John it was good seeing you again, been to long.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Regards

Mark

Good shooting! Can you describe the stages a bit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shooting! Can you describe the stages a bit? </div></div>

I'm sure I'll leave stuff out or get some of this wrong so if anyone else has a better memory they can chime in...

1st stage:

2 targets each (spotter & sniper), Spotter engaged targets at 100 and sniper at 150. 2 shots at each target from 2 different barricades at different distances, and once prone off a stack of tires with one pistol stage.

2nd stage: Pretty much same as above except using a tree, rooftop, and prone. Pistol stage was a walk-through with around 18 poppers.

3rd stage:

3 targets at the berm. I believe 2 were 6" and one was 12". Spotter had 12" swingers at various short ranges. 1st was Prone from scaffolding at 700 yds. Next was 500-ish yds from a rooftop through a stand of trees in your LOS. I had my best shot during this leg...I lined up poorly on the rooftop and could only see the left target through what looked like a 6" gap in the trees about 300 yds in front of me. I figured I would hit a tree but went for it anyway to save time and tagged it 1st shot. We moved up range from there for similar/shorter drills with a pistol leg thrown in here and there with some friendlies you had to be aware of. This stsage was tricky in that the rooftops and scaffolding were wobbly as hell...I think the fireants were even making them move.

Last drill was the team exiting the course with the sniper dragging a simulated wounded comrade (a bag of steel plates) around 25 yds with one hand, and engaging poppers with a pistol in the other without dropping the bag while the spotter covered your exit.

All stages were timed with penalties for failure to neutralize target. I believe scoring was a combination of hits, number of rounds to neutralize, and time.

We should all give props to the new guys as well. We've had a lot of new shooters come out recently and they've clearly been training hard. We even had 2 guys that had never really shot at these distances before and they hung it out there anyway. Nice shooting guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice shooting

who won? </div></div>I'm pretty sure the winner is Hide member Trovan and his partner (I'm terrible with names and they don't post much). Those two guys are scary-good and tear it up every time out that I've seen.

Trovan & Linedrive301ft (Mark)

Good shooting guys