• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good site for ethanol free fuel

maccrazy2

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2009
10 minutes S. W. of denver
Hey guys. Thought I would pass along this site for anyone who could use it.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I was looking for ethanol free fuel for my gas powered tools. I had to rebuild the carbs on all my small engine stuff this summer due to the crap fuel cloging up the jets. Every one had a greenish crud built up in the float bowls and plugged up the jets untill they quit running or would not start. It was clean fuel bought this year at conoco. The 10% ethanol is crap. all the rubber float bowl seals were melting. I never had this issue with the 8% or pre ethanol fuel. I tore down everything and cleaned/rebuilt as needed and will run 100% gas in everything from now on other than the mower as it gets used often enough to keep the fuel fresh at least untill the end of summer. then on the last few tanks I will switch to 100%.
The guy at the mower shop where I got the parts said they are doing tons of carb overhauls now compared to a few years ago due to this.

Thanks man . I found a station about 3 miles from house with ethanol free 92 . ( wondering if I might have to have Agriculture plates ) on vehicle to buy though ?
Fucking Oregon been mandated a few years now on that 10% blend crap . worst thing is Fuel blend wont even store and stay stable for more than a few months also . If you use the winter stabilizer additive it goes for 4 or 5 months longer, but that still does not make it right .

On the subject of fuel storage . Did a job few years back at a large fuel storage & blending facility at one of the marine port here . Where the trucks get filed with the contracted proprietory blend that each brand retail stations pump tanks get filled .
Had conversation with the Techs. that mix additives for filling the different tank trucks that goes out to each particular station . He told me to my face that they do have the technology to make fuel store almost indefinitely but We will NEVER see it .

Thanks for this. I have had to pull the carbs from my ATVs and generators almost every season due to this EPA bullshit of putting alcohol in gasoline. Sadly that list doesn't find any near me. There is ethanol free 100 octane close by but that runs ~$10 per gallon.

Last edited:
Funny. The co-op in McMinnville, Tn has ethanol-free gas, but 25 miles away in Manchester, Tn the co-op has ethanol.

Something to consider, while ethanol has some problems it is made in the USA. That can't be said for much of the rest of the oil/gas. I must be lucky, I have never had a problem in any of my tools or cars/trucks from it.

R

most cars on the road these days have sealed fuel systems. That keeps moisture out of the fuel. In vented systems like lawn equipment moisture is pulled into the ethanol because it is hydroscopic. Look up fan testing ethanol on youtube and you will see part of the problem with this blended fuel. Guys sit a open jar of fuel in front of a fan for an hour or so and just let air circulate over the fuel. The ethanol pulls moisture out of the air and it pools in the bottom of the jar.
Another interesting fyi. the chevy volt will run the fuel tank dry if you do not use the fuel in the timeframe the car determines it should be run due to the short shelf life of blended fuel. I have not seen this personally but was just at a hybrid class for work and it came up in the class. it is the only car currently that will run you out of fuel intentionally to protect you from the fuel going bad from sitting too long.

I use that site when traveling, but a heads up, not all of those stations are open. Always google the number for that station and make sure they are open. I've lost a lot of time on wild goose chases with that site before I wised up.