• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Good smith in NC

Re: Good smith in NC

What do you want done? If you want a rifle built I can put you onto one. Opinions vary as to if he's an asshole or not, but he sure can build a gun.

Is the whole Charlotte area "The Shit House", or do you just have bowel problems?

AG in NC

Dan Demers at Eagle guns in Concord. Great guy and affordable. Heres mine he finished today.

remington700buildpics124.jpg

Potato, were you happy with Eagle in the past?

Ratbert uses Eagle quite a bit and has good things to say about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you want done? If you want a rifle built I can put you onto one. Opinions vary as to if he's an asshole or not, but he sure can build a gun.

Is the whole Charlotte area "The Shit House", or do you just have bowel problems?

AG in NC </div></div>

I know who AG is referring to, and he can be an asshole. But I must admit, if you're wanting a 1,000 yard competition gun, he does dam fine work. That said, I have GAP building my new F(tr) gun cause I don't do assholes (or bowels).
laugh.gif

Dave Sink in Lexington. He has done several jobs for me, to include a "one holer" 6mm BR he built from a .243 varmint. His rates are very reasonable, and he is a real good dude to deal with. PM me and I can give you more details. Tell him Krumm sent ya.

JT

I have heard nothing but good things about eagle rock so I took a over and under shotgun to have the stock trimmed down. When I got it back it looked like someone had cut it off with a chainsaw. I have seen other work done by them that was good I must have got done on a friday. Is AG referring to the one in china grove?

If you want a name & number in the western part of the state PM and I'll send it. He doesn't want me putting it out in public any more.

I also live in the Charlotte area and the best advise I can give you is give Jered or Dave at American Precision Arms (aka Patriot Arms) a call. They are in Jefferson GA and that is only about 3 hours from Charlotte. They do great work and are good people.

Oneshot

Several years ago Leonard Baity, In North Wilkesboro, NC built a 243 Ackley 1000 yard gun for me and it was a shooter. Dave Tooley built a .280 Ackley deer rifle for me too. Both of these guys were great to do business with.

Didnt realize Mt Airy was a "shithouse". Now, maybe Charlotte proper, as the city sure does suck, but at least my part of NC is kickass cool.

Blair Clowdis, who is up around Greensboro, is a kickbutt smith. He has built a Palma rifle for me that is insanely accurate, has done several bbls, the last of which placed me 3rd in the Canadian Fullbore Championships a few weeks back, (I lost the 3 pts I needed to win...heehee) and he is going to put together some badass tactical rigs for me when my Lawtons show up. He charges reasonable prices and is about as far away from an asshole as they come. Turn around times are pretty darn quick too.

If you want his contact info, email me and I can forward you his email, etc.

I also have rifles built by Baity (an F open gun that I have never fired personally, but the guy that had it built did and its a hammer), and I know plenty of folks that have had guns built by Tooley and some of the other listed. Also have a Quad built by Jered and its a piece of artwork. So, pretty much anyone listed is going to build you something great, you just need to pick one you like and get to building!

John

Trying to be funny with your location line and my general dislike for traveling through the Char area. Truce. +1 for Blair Clowdis. Know him personally and can vouch for his work. His personal Panda/Lilja Palma gun is art.

AG

Agree totally.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: criver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave Tooley. He's out of town for a couple of weeks shooting the IBS 1000 & 600 yard nationals.(704) 864-7525 <[email protected]>
Good as it gets. </div></div>