• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Good source of decent quality 5.56 ammo

jMarine

YUUUT!
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Alabama
What supplier are y’all using for 5.56 ammo? What’s been a brand/bullet weight/price combo y’all have been buying up and has been reliable and available? I’ve been fartin around with different offerings in the 62-77gr range trying to find an AVAILABLE round that’s semi accurate… 1-2moa… but doesn’t break the bank to stock up on. (Everything breaks the bank these days)

reload your own and it will still cost an arm and a leg . you can take cheap ammo unload it then reload it to what you want making it slightly better ammo .

Reactions: jMarine
Haha yeah no kidding! I do plenty of reloading! Just looking for some instant gratification because I’m impatient and lack time… not to mention the absurd cost of primers these days!! 🙄

I use Fiocchi in all my AR’s for practice. Just 55 gr fmj. But have shot others and Fiocchi has always been decent and semi clean. Been buying from bulkammo for a couple years.

My DDM4V11 held 1 - 1.5 moa this this ammo

Not saying you need to use bulkammo as a supplier. Just saying Fiocchi anything has been good to me and usually decently priced

I use Fiocchi in all my AR’s for practice. Just 55 gr fmj. But have shot others and Fiocchi has always been decent and semi clean. Been buying from bulkammo for a couple years.

My DDM4V11 held 1 - 1.5 moa this this ammo

Not saying you need to use bulkammo as a supplier. Just saying Fiocchi anything has been good to me and usually decently priced
Yeah I like bulk ammo. They have always been a great source! I may have to try this offering. Fiocchi is one brand I actually haven’t tried as far as 5.56 is concerned. I’ve shot lots of the 9mm stuff and it was always good to go.

PMC Gold is good but can’t say where to find it. Also agree with Fiocchi.
This is on sale currently and shoots 1 MOA 10 shot groups from a good barrel. (It’s a 20” Criterion, not 22” as labeled)

9E695C41-CC12-44D6-8FA2-602654691A71.jpeg

PMC Gold is good but can’t say where to find it. Also agree with Fiocchi.
This is on sale currently and shoots 1 MOA 10 shot groups from a good barrel. (It’s a 20” Criterion, not 22” as labeled)

View attachment 7842241
Whatever PMC is doing to stay available, is definitely working!! They were one of the mainstays during the 2012-13 ammo shortage. They make pretty good stuff! I actually haven’t ever shot any of their Gold stuff, just the X-tac. I’ve just recently dabbled with FM and had some bad luck with their 7.62 offering (which is being resolved) but their version of mk262 I have been shooting a good bit of has been pretty decent to me! It was consistent 1.5 MOA out of a Daniel Defense 14.5” barrel and ACOG at 100yds.

Reactions: db2000
Some of the best pricing I've seen recently is here
Not gonna lie, I don't know shit about the site....maybe someone does.
Or...can we elect a guinea pig ? :)

Just checked, shipping is set to offset any savings and increase the price to unacceptable levels.
Sorry guys.
SGAmmo is still OK but I've noticed their prices getting a bit too high lately.

Last edited:
Some of the best pricing I've seen recently is here
Not gonna lie, I don't know shit about the site....maybe someone does.
Or...can we elect a guinea pig ? :)
The phone says “the person you called has a vm not set up”. That should tell you everything. And no one has everything in stock at cheap prices.

Reactions: SmolPP and DIBBS
CMP has 200 round boxes of FGMM 77 grainers for I think it was $260 or so when I checked last night.

Kind of steep but if they are selling for $260 other places are probably $300.

Reactions: jMarine and db2000
For match type ammo, ADI or Gorilla.

For ball, I agree with the others, PMC is good.

For match type ammo, ADI or Gorilla.

For ball, I agree with the others, PMC is good.
Any opinion on the IMI stuff? I’ve shot SOME… but not enough to have a real opinion on reliability. It seems to be available everywhere I look.

Any opinion on the IMI stuff? I’ve shot SOME… but not enough to have a real opinion on reliability. It seems to be available everywhere I look.
77 razorcore shoots about .75” out of my 22.5” bolt gun. I’m not bothering to look around much (or pay more) since trying it.

I’ve also been through countless cases of pmc bronze 55fmj and it’s always been consistent.

77 razorcore shoots about .75” out of my 22.5” bolt gun. I’m not bothering to look around much (or pay more) since trying it.
It seems to be pretty readily available from what I can tell in the past few months