• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good spotting scope with mildot reticle under$600

Re: good spotting scope with mildot reticle under$600

I bought the Bushnell that runs around 500 or maybe 600 off of ebay. It is new in the box and I am really impressed with it. The tripod was junk so I bought something a little better from Best Buy and used it shooting at 900yds in Texas last week. I was shooting at a 12" steel plate and was able to see the trace fairly well as well as the splash. Overall it is a good buy. I will look at the model number if you like tomorrow and get back to you. I think it goes from 15-45 power. The only drawback I have been told if something happens to it and you send it in for repair they send you one back without a reticle since it is no loger made. You would think that Vortex or someone would be all over a sub 750 spotter with a reticle there is definatley a demand.

cool thanks for the replied info.

I wish someone made Kowa compatible eyepieces with a ranging reticle in them.

bought the bushnell excursion with the mildot reticle on ebay too..hope it doesnt have the issues peoples are having..hows is your working ksmith13??

Mine works great. I used it Sunday, we were only shooting to 350yds but no complaints. I did buy a better tripod from BestBuy it has the pistol grip head, not a Manfrotto but works good enough for me.

Hows the glass on the Bushnell? What would you compare it to?

Used it the othe day..works great..no issues (yet)..happy with it

Any new spotting scopes with mildot reticle at this year's SHOT Show for under $1000?