• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Good time at CVT w/ Vern

Imperial Pose

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2007
MD
Had a great time with Vern this past w-e.
Conditions were constantly changing. Improved spotter/shooter communications combined with technique and equipment adjustments netted me improvement over previous outings.

Gear: TRG-22, S&B, and M118LR all bought from Hide classifieds.

Clean/cold bore 5-shot group
IMG_0068.jpg

Vern reading conditions
IMG_0079.jpg

Side view
IMG_0080.jpg

900 yard groin shot
IMG_0070.jpg

Down range
IMG_0077.jpg

Re: Good time at CVT w/ Vern

Looks awesome and thanks for the great pics.

I just talked to Vern last night about setting up a class within the next month or two for my friend and I.

We are really looking forward to learning from Vern.

CM.

Shooter308,

In previous training w/ Vern he had let me use his TRG-22 and I really enjoyed it. Vern also uses M118LR ammo. I researched Hide and other places for the top scopes and S&B was held in high regard. So I started looking for that combination preferably already integrated.

When Hide member MP5SDNK put his TRG/S&B up for sale and let me test at a range we both belong to in MD I was sold.

Thanks for the post compliments. My adult sons pitched in and bought me my first camera this past Fathers Day.

IP

Hey IP,

Thanks for a great review. It was great fun training with you. Improvement is an understatement. While you didn't shoot bad before, now your repeatability is amazing. I believe you had a good handle on the wind as well. Dry fire, dry fire.

Take care, Vern

PS, never stop learning....none of us know it all.

spoke with vern this evening about some diffrent caliber options
he is very knowledgable and one hell of a great guy ...

I'm slated to see Vern in Sept. A few days in VA is looking MIGHTY good right now! Lemme know if you want me to bring some lobster down with me, Vern.
Ken