• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

good trigger for around $150

leadbullet

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
kitsap WA
I have a stiller TAC300 action that is getting barreled and chambered in 338 edge, the damn thing needs a trigger, what would you recommend?
single stage and clean break at around 1.5-2 lbs would be my preference

thanx guys, there is just so much to choose from, timney, shilen, jewel huber etc it is hard to make up my mind.

I ran the Shilen for a while, run a Timney 510 now. Jewels seem to lock up more than others when they get dirty, so keep that in mind. The Shilen has a narrow shoe while the Timneyis much wider. Both have a consistent break and good feel so it comes down to preference.

If you decide on the Shilen, PM me and I'll make you a good deal since it's collecting dust at the moment.

The OP brought it up, does anyone have any experience good or bad with Huber triggers? They're on the expensive side, but I haven't heard many other cons... I've always heard Timney as the workhorse trigger.

If you engage the first stage & let off, it will not reset the first stage. This makes it a single stage at that point, unless you run the bolt again. Could get a little harry if you forget & you have a light second stage as I did. I loved the trigger but sold it & went with a CG. Hopefully this has been resolved since I had mine.

The OP brought it up, does anyone have any experience good or bad with Huber triggers? They're on the expensive side, but I haven't heard many other cons... I've always heard Timney as the workhorse trigger.

Sorry, never owned or shot their single stage, but I bet it is a fantastic trigger. Only have experience with huber 2 stage.

looks like I am getting a timney since i don't have a good ol rem trigger to get tuned.
thanx a lot to all you guys for setting me straight.