• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing GOOD wholesalers that dont require a storefront?

jacq220

Sergeant
Minuteman
For those of you w/ FFL's and tax ID's and retail merchant certificates, what wholesalers are you using that you have been happy with the selection, pricing, and shipping charges? Currently set up w/ sports south and i HATE them, but at the other shop i work in the wholesalers (ellet brothers mainly) are a breeze to work with, but you have to have a store front.

Name me some good wholesalers i can get set up with. getting tired of this whole store front thing, i AM a business just not a big enough one to afford its own location.

Re: GOOD wholesalers that dont require a storefront?

The ones I use are Davidsons, Lipseys, RSR Group, Zanders and Ron Shirk. None of them require you have a storefront.

RSR Group is a good place, but lately (like other distributors) their stuff is "allocated". Davidson's is pretty good, but their firearms cost a bit more, but you get their "Lifetime GuarenteeD" on firearms that you sell to the customer.

shirk is great people... but he needs a website w/ real time inventory.... Davidsons is a PITA.... sports south is about as easy as it gets.... order it online and it shows up w/ a small COD fee 3 days later

Good luck here with Jerry's Sport Center, a consortium of 5 wholesalers. Davidson's on occasion but seems 50+% of their stock always "allocated", sweet speak we ain't got.

I just got a sightron from Jerry's in Harrisburg area, my place is around 200 miles from them, cost me $34.83 for shipping, fuck that. Acusport corp. way better.

Jerrys Sport Center is good but alot of stuff is sold out right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy Y.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jerrys Sport Center is good but alot of stuff is sold out right now. </div></div>

True, all of my suppliers are out of items, all sorts. I just had to purchase a 642 J frame smith from Bud's for a customer because no one had a J frame any flavor with the exception of very top end. They were one sale everywhere 6 months, ago everyone had boat loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">RSR Group is a good place, but lately (like other distributors) their stuff is "allocated".</span> Davidson's is pretty good, but their firearms cost a bit more, but you get their "Lifetime GuarenteeD" on firearms that you sell to the customer. </div></div>
Yes, RSR, like many others are out of just about everything I generally buy.
frown.gif

All of my purchases with them have been just fine. It was quite easy to set up with them as well.
Similar experience with Davidson's. Of course with them I can just drive over and pick things up.
cool.gif

I typically go through Davidson's if I can. Most popular items are allocated but they communicate well and prices aren't too bad either.

I can vouch for their warranty as well. I recently had a customer with a Glock and was my first time testing the "Lifetime warranty" claim with them. Both me and the customer came back with 110% satisfaction. I couldn't have been treated better, period.

One last part of Davidson's I like is that when you call, if you ask for your normal rep and they aren't available, the person that answered the phone for you can 99% take care of your needs. You're not left on hold or passed off to voice mail. Seems like they are all very well educated in their work and enjoy helping you.

Just my experience.

Mike

JACQ, are you wanting to sell retail, or buy supplies at whole sale prices to use in your business for business? You're an 07 FFL, a manufacturer. Do you just want to buy Rifles to modify for resale? I'm asking because if this is your main intentions for using these guys (midddle men), there is a better way. They are all a pain in the ass when it comes to small businesses like your's, in my opinion. I dealt with Sports South, and Jerrys, and for what I was doing, it wasn't worth the hassel. Besides, in my city there is a shop that sells everything for what Jerry's sold it to me for. Why, How, well they buy enough straight from the manufacturer, that they sell it for the same thing distributors sell it to small businesses like your's for. So, in my town, I could not compete in the retail market. Example, Pelican cases cost me $175.00 from this shop. Same thing I pay Jerrys. Oh,Oh, and I don't have to pay shipping, nor wait for the UPS man. Man, I'm sooooo glad not to have to do that any more. My hat's off to all of you that run your own business. Best of luck.

Not so much for the business as much as when a customer asks me if i can get something the ability to get it. Just tired of using the other shop i work for to get stuff. Plus there is another location that might be in the works for my family to move to where i could set up a mini retail deal.