• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Google For Veterans

bigwill214

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Redmond, OR
Hopefully this is the right place for this. If not then we can move it to where it needs to go. Anyways, here is some information on a new initiative by the search engine powerhouse Google. Apparently a bunch of their employees that are veterans found a way to help both veterans and their families. There are tools to help keep vets in touch with one another, build their resumes, map out where you have been, and watch personal messages from people from your home states. I recently spoke with some of the people that are helping to push this new initiative and I said with me being a vet I would help spread the word in different places. I get no benefit from this in any way except that I get to help other vets possibly find the tools they need to get jobs or to connect with their friends or family. I am going to be going to a workshop for Google for Veterans so if you have questions please feel free to ask. If I cannot answer your question, like a good NCO, I will find out the answer or will try to direct you to someone who can.

Google For Veterans

Re: Google For Veterans

I didn't know about this thanks for sharing

Here is a map that I set up so far that represents my military time. As time goes I will probably add special memories that took place overseas or stateside and keep them in timeline. Soon the virtual tour feature will be available.

My Army Career

This is really new and still being developed. At the building where I work we were able to record roughly 71 holiday messages which will be available soon.

This is a cool tool for vets. Keep us posted, and good on your for helping out veterans. I know I'll certainly use this thing once I get some time, especially if it's got a map feature.