• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GoPro Gun mount from Strikemark with video

redirt78

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2011
Georgia ***USA***
Just saw this on my brothers Facebook links.

Cool gun mount and target system. Just another reason to get a GoPro

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVtzKxHyyJw&feature=player_embedded"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QVtzKxHyyJw&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: GoPro Gun mount from Strikemark with video

only thing that sucks is that it takes the video upside down......i made a very similar thing last year...but quit using it because of the video orientation

I see what you are saying. Looks like they figured out a way to flip the video afterwards but would be cool if they made the mount where you could run it from the top or bottom.

You know there is a setting in the GoPro to invert the recorded image. This is used for exactly this type of situation when the camera is mounted upside down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nme7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know there is a setting in the GoPro to invert the recorded image. This is used for exactly this type of situation when the camera is mounted upside down. </div></div>

no i didn't....i'll have to look it up in the manual then... i have the go pro 1 motorsports HD...if that matters

Well i can see a new purchase in my future. Do the Go-Pro cams have any type of zoom?

Yes it has the setting to flip the image in the GoPro.
I made a mount for mine as I did not like the StrikeMark, I broke a GoPro mount trying to install it into it and it is a PITA to install and remove after filed on it enough to get one to fit.

goprolarue1.jpg

laruegopro.jpg

If I am not mistaken, the GoPro does not have a zoom lens. It is fixed at 2x, at least on the GoPro HD Hero2. It gives a fairly wide field of view, but you won't be seeing too far out.

I am waiting to see if someone can mount the GoPro just behind an Aimpoint 3x Magnifier to see if it gives any usable video.

I used my gopro behind my ss5-20 scope setup on 2 tripods. what a pita! got video shooting 1600 yards though. I set it on narrow view, not widescreen.