• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Got a generic question??

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
Im from Michigan, born and raised, hunted my entire life. I have had lots of opportunities to hunt here in Michigan and through various means I have been able to harvest just over a couple hundred deer in my 17 years hunting,about half from state land ( not meant to brag or any shit like that, its just to give you an idea of my experience level) so im not a newbie by any means but I am a newbie when it comes to outside of michigan. I would really like to go out west or southwest and do a self guided over the counter public land rifle hunt for Elk,pronghorn,mule deer or even whitetail, any of these. Im not looking for a trophy class animal im just looking for a fun experience and to harvest something legal. What would my expectations of success be for say 5 days and how much would it cost <$1000 total or am I looking at $2000? Figure sleeping in a tent and driving out there, hotel possibly if its close, I have no idea about that. Its kinda a generic open question but Im just looking for a rough idea. I have googled these topics and you get everything from there all dead and non residents have decimated everything that walks to its as easy as buying a tag walking 1/2mile from the truck and taking your pick. So here I am looking for any real world experience.