• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Got a little Crafty, in the Field......

Tripwire

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2006
VA
The Boy and me, yesterday, with some range repair and improvement....

Replaced some weak ass dog chain with some decent log chain, welded some cross bars on instead of being lashed on with mechanic's wire, straightened up some stuff the cows bent over, put the repaired 600 yard pig and the repaired 500 yard coyote back up, and trimmed down some tall grass....in general, some long overdue maintenance. Got a groundhog target to put back up tomorrow, and if we can get our shit together we'll finally get that swinger installed at 1K and maybe a couple more at 800 and 900. First Cuttin' is in the books now so it's time to shoot again for a few weeks.

700weedtrim.jpg

weld1.jpg

weld3.jpg

weld6.jpg

coyote.jpg

Even had time to kill a groundhog in the alfalfa field, that REALLY needed killin'. That fucker's hole damn near threw me off the tractor a couple weeks ago.

Dunno why he grabbed my rifle when he bailed out of the truck....his was layin' right there too.

Good shot though, by a good shot, with a good rifle. Who'da thunk a TSX would kill a varmit deader than hell. Wish I had that on video....he fired and when the dust literally cleared from the off side impact in the dirt, there lay a pile of dead groundhog with not even a quiver left, chest and spine blown out.

Gotta love a good Day Off...........

killin.jpg

Re: Got a little Crafty, in the Field......

Great day. Nice place

Got a late start today but the 1k target is hung....

Had enough time left in the day for somebody to christen it, and The Boy jumped at that like greased lightning despite only having with him his factory sporter weight BDL firing 87 grain Vmax's.

His dope goes to 700 so we wagged it and four shots later he walked into his first hit ever at that distance. 'Course I proclaimed lucky shot with a bunch of smart ass dripping all over it, grinning of course, and he in typical fashion proved me "wrong" by stacking a consecutive hit on top of the first one. It sort of almost shocked me as I watched in the spotter as his first hit got just a tad bigger with the second.

Always figured he could shoot, but now, he's stoked.......

1k1.jpg

1k2.jpg

1k3.jpg

Tripwire,

Where are you guys in VA? My wife is from around Staunton and we get over to western Virginia every now and again.

Josh