• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got a reply from Redwing

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Last night I sent this letter to Redwing shoes:

Sirs,

I have worked in the logging industry, or as a stone mason contractor all my life. For 50 years Ive worn nothing but Redwing boots. I now have 3 pair, two factory resoled, and a 10 year old pair of the waterproof Gortex. All have been comfortable the day I put them on. I was just shooting the bull in a long range shooting forum about things worth spending money on and mentioned Redwing boots. Someone said they arent that good, and I explained that there are two qualities, the USA made and the China made. That gave me pause to think, that since the Chinese Virus attack, I try to buy nothing made in China. I hope ya'll will consider bring you manufacturing home and no further support a totalitarian regime that would do such a thing to the our country and the world at large. I will take your decision into consideration before I buy another pair of boots.

Thanks for your time,

Just received their reply and I reckon they will keep my business. If you need some good boots show them your support. Murica
    1595276860270.png

Hello Howard,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Red Wing Shoe Company. We appreciate your support and feedback! We actually ceased manufacturing in China as of this year. While we still manufacture some items overseas (Vietnam and Cambodia) we have brought and will continue to bring manufacturing stateside. We always have been and will be a product American company.

Thanks again, let us know if you have any questions.

Brad
    Red Wing Customer Service

It's a start.

Now if the rest of us pony up the money for quality American made boots and when they see the child labor shit staying on the shelf your response would be the first shot aimed at victory.

I have some Redwing laceups and pull ons. Fly the flag they give with their laceups proudly.

Their pull ons are the shizzle.

There is a lot of custom boot makers in this country, the better shops use only American leather, tanned in America. But you won't be able to pay $150.00 for a pair the way you do Redwings.

There is a lot of custom boot makers in this country, the better shops use only American leather, tanned in America. But you won't be able to pay $150.00 for a pair the way you do Redwings.

Their upper line is well above $150. Like everything else there are different qualities. The pair or waterproof ones I bought were $250 10 years ago. Looks like theyve gone up. I was going to post a photo but the download is too slow.

Red Wing Shoes
    Men's Red Wing 2414 GoreTex CSA Safety Boot
    $369.98

Last night I sent this letter to Redwing shoes:

Sirs,

I have worked in the logging industry, or as a stone mason contractor all my life. For 50 years Ive worn nothing but Redwing boots. I now have 3 pair, two factory resoled, and a 10 year old pair of the waterproof Gortex. All have been comfortable the day I put them on. I was just shooting the bull in a long range shooting forum about things worth spending money on and mentioned Redwing boots. Someone said they arent that good, and I explained that there are two qualities, the USA made and the China made. That gave me pause to think, that since the Chinese Virus attack, I try to buy nothing made in China. I hope ya'll will consider bring you manufacturing home and no further support a totalitarian regime that would do such a thing to the our country and the world at large. I will take your decision into consideration before I buy another pair of boots.

Thanks for your time,

Just received their reply and I reckon they will keep my business. If you need some good boots show them your support. MuricaView attachment 7379274

Hello Howard,

Thanks for reaching out to us here at Red Wing Shoe Company. We appreciate your support and feedback! We actually ceased manufacturing in China as of this year. While we still manufacture some items overseas (Vietnam and Cambodia) we have brought and will continue to bring manufacturing stateside. We always have been and will be a product American company.

Thanks again, let us know if you have any questions.

Brad
    Red Wing Customer Service

Ask them to prove it!

Reactions: camocorvette
    Good stuff, The Redwing Heritage line is where it’s at.. ( All USA made) There’s nothing like rubbing some Huberd’s into some 877’s, although these cheap Danners are pretty sweet for getting shit done fast on the job! I support Redwing and Maggot for taking the time to email them with some good input..

Reactions: BytorJr and Maggot
    I bought a pair of Redwings about 2 years ago. They hurt my feet so God damned bad I took them back after two weeks.

They have a 30 day guarantee, and sure enough they took them back and I got a full refund for the boots and in the insoles I purchased with them.

When I need new boots, I'll check out their other lines as I'm sure they'll fit differently.

Kudos to them for kicking China to the curb.

When I was a telco field tech I wore Redwing or Carolina boots every day. At the time both were USA made boots. The Carolina boots were comfortable, long lasting and easy on the pocketbook. Now I think GeorgiaBoot owns Rocky, Carolina and a few other brands and most (still not all) are made off shore.
    On the days I knew I would be hooking poles all day long I slipped into those Redwing Lineman's boots for the extra support.

Makes me happy to see that. I'm on my 3rd pair of red wing boots, and they last at least 3 years (I'm hard on my boots). Hoping to get more out of the pair I'm on with more oiling and not using my feet for things they don't need to be used for. I won't buy anything else now. My hunting boots are irish setters, which will last me forever at this point, and my next pair of every day boots will be red wing.

I have 4 pairs in rotation currently, # 5 is due to arrive Friday. I'm in at least one pair every day and in boots 12 hrs or more daily. Every pair of Redwings I ever had fit like shit and I broke the shanks in them, then they wouldn't warranty them. Can't say I miss them.

Looks have a pair of Redwings that I have had for 2 years and are still comfortable, I also had Whites make me a pair and while they are real comfortable they are pig iron heavy. I have them boxed up to get new soles put on

I bought a pair of Redwings about 2 years ago. They hurt my feet so God damned bad I took them back after two weeks.

They have a 30 day guarantee, and sure enough they took them back and I got a full refund for the boots and in the insoles I purchased with them.

When I need new boots, I'll check out their other lines as I'm sure they'll fit differently.

Kudos to them for kicking China to the curb.

They take a few weeks to break in. Once they're settled Redwings are the best damn boots around.

After 5 years I want to buy another pair except it's completely unnecessary since they last damn near forever. Redwing will clean and oil the boots, replace the laces for free for life if you visit their store. Can also replace the soles once they wear down.

Redwing Irish setters are like wearing slippers.
    I haven't worn anything but flip flops since I retired.

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot
    Been wearing the same pair for 20 years, many resoles and a couple full rebuilds. Best boots in the world!

This^^^

Have seven pairs of Whites boots including their low cut work boots, packers and smoke jumpers. Wear them every day at work and once you have tried them you will never go back. Have had several pairs re-built over the years and they come back like new. Hand made in the USA.

IMG_1851.JPG

honestly though ill take it, at least its progress....and in 2020, i really dont think youll find much that is 100% made in america from scratch.

also i dont know how much rubber production there is state side.

Vietnam had the Goodyear bamboo factory. Lost patrols and lots of guys patrolled through there.

Lengthy read. But worth it if you have ten minutes.

Some of you gentlemen with land down south should start a rubber plantation. 6 years and keep it moist and you can harvest..

I will definitely buy a pair when I get new ones.

"Assembled in America"

*with foreign sourced materials*
    Yeah, so?

Go look in your average Ford or Chevy truck and let me know what you find.

Trade with other nations is not a problem. Predatory "trade" with a country that wants to destroy us is.

Emerson CQC7-BW or Jimmy Lile knives.
    Heckler & Koch firearms.
    Danner or Brooks footwear...Balaga or Smartwool socks.
    Omega Seamaster or Casio G-Shock watches....and Seikos.
    Swaro 10x42 binos
    Nightforce or Leupold optics.
    Newcastle Ale.... Busch Light for practice beer.
    Toyota Tacoma’s ..... have 2 ! 1998 with 320,000 miles ...a 2014 with 6,000 👍

The cheapest Redwings I have are $250. I always check the label and only buy American-made ones.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
    I keep 2 sets of Redwing 914's going in rotation, along with a pair of steel toe metatarsal boots (those suck to wear, but necessary for certain projects). The 914's are USA made, and the price reflects that ($300+), no idea on the metatarsals, they dont even make that model anymore.

"Assembled in America"

*with foreign sourced materials*

The have a line that is American made with American materials. Mine last 2+ years in a machine shop environment.

The Model of my boots is 3507.
    OTD price has been about $240, unfortunately CAT only reimburses us around $95 and annually.

Reactions: OldSalty
    Yeah, so?

Go look in your average Ford or Chevy truck and let me know what you find.

Trade with other nations is not a problem. Predatory "trade" with a country that wants to destroy us is.

I dont disagree. Merely mentioning that "made in the USA" can be disigenious.

I pretty much only wear their heritage line when I'm assed to deal with laces... that or birkenstocks. I find the cork insole leather footbed does wonders for my back.
    Unless I'm doing more hardcore field work/hiking where you truly need the weight and fetures of a true hiking boot and dont want to fuck up leather on a fuck load of exposed rock.

Edit: 100% made in the usa, usa tanned leather (less common than youd think)

I pretty much only wear their heritage line when I'm assed to deal with laces... that or birkenstocks. I find the cork insole leather footbed does wonders for my back.
    Unless I'm doing more hardcore field work/hiking where you truly need the weight and fetures of a true hiking boot and dont want to fuck up leather on a fuck load of exposed rock.

Edit: 100% made in the usa, usa tanned leather (less common than youd think)

Birkenstock makes boots? Thought they were some hippy dippy stuff.

Birkenstock makes boots? Thought they were some hippy dippy stuff.
    They make hippy dippy sandals. They are great though becuase they have a cork footbed and (albeit thinner) leather insole like a proper boot/dress shoe. I'm not lacing up a 9" boot to go take a piss in the back yard.

This^^^

Have seven pairs of Whites boots including their low cut work boots, packers and smoke jumpers. Wear them every day at work and once you have tried them you will never go back. Have had several pairs re-built over the years and they come back like new. Hand made in the USA.

View attachment 7379817
    Badass line-up, I’ve always wanted some White’s, just not sure how well they would do for my work.. I guess I could wear them on the weekends for yard work..or perhaps to the local Starbucks to discuss craft brews or my latest novel.. Paired with the right chinos and knit beanie I’m sure they would look pretty good.. I just threw up

• Love
    Badass line-up, I’ve always wanted some White’s, just not sure how well they would do for my work.. I guess I could wear them on the weekends for yard work..or perhaps to the local Starbucks to discuss craft brews or my latest novel.. Paired with the right chinos and knit beanie I’m sure they would look pretty good.. I just threw up
    What do you do for work?

Not sure how they would look with chinos as well as topped off with a beanie. Probably not for the metro sexual crowd. Best worn with jeans or canvas work pants. Work as a PM on large commercial construction projects so they are great around the job site.

What do you do for work?
    I do concrete work, It’s hard to beat a Redwing wedge-sole for comfort,walking on rebar, and getting on slabs without making deep tracks everywhere.. My only beef is that I wear the wedge soles out to fast and getting them resoled is kind of a pain.. Maybe I should try a pair of Whites tho, I’ve always wanted a pair..

I do concrete work, It’s hard to beat a Redwing wedge-sole for comfort,walking on rebar, and getting on slabs without making deep tracks everywhere.. My only beef is that I wear the wedge soles out to fast and getting them resoled is kind of a pain.. Maybe I should try a pair of Whites tho, I’ve always wanted a pair..

Got it covered. They're worlds better, I promise.

Reactions: Lionsbreath
    That is hard work and my hats off to you. Cement is hard on leather.

Not sure how they would look with chinos as well as topped off with a beanie. Probably not for the metro sexual crowd. Best worn with jeans or canvas work pants. Work as a PM on large commercial construction projects so they are great around the job site.
    Gotcha, I was being sarcastic.. My point was, is it kinda makes me ill, to see a pansexual walking in to Olive Garden dressed up, wearing the same boots I wear to work.. I’ve probably already worked 8 hrs before he ever woke up that morning

Reactions: ZiaHunter
    That is hard work and my hats off to you. Cement is hard on leather.
    👌🏽 Concrete is a cruel master, but I’m not smart enough to do anything else.. It’s like anything else, if you have the right equipment, and sling mud for long enough, it gets easier.. but there’s always days where you swear one minute and pray the next🙏🏼

I had a pair or two of, I think, Redwing model 8830 (or whatever it was called when I was a kid). That was my hunting boot, snowball fights, etc. Snowseal and good to go for hours in the snow. That's when my father used to carry me over the creek and set me in the flat-bottom boat to paddle to our pot-hole in the bottoms of duck country and put me in the blind. Worked great until we'd get a great rain. I eventually graduated to hip-boots when my foot got bigger. I think I ended up with 2 or 3 pair.

I then had a pair of Eddie Bauer kangaroo. Too narrow now, but they were actually nice boots.

I was convinced on the Whites boots for many applications, but unfortunately mine includes black liquor, green liquor and lime dust, which destroys boots in 4-6 months regardless of quality.

Gotcha, I was being sarcastic.. My point was, is it kinda makes me ill, to see a pansexual walking in to Olive Garden dressed up, wearing the same boots I wear to work.. I’ve probably already worked 8 hrs before IT ever woke up that morning

Whites and don't look back.

Unfortunately, I think they’re going to shit too. Lacrosse bought them out in 2014 and it seems like they’re losing some of the OG guys. last year, after five resoles, It was finally time for a full recraft. Not only did they use the wrong leather, but the right boot doesn’t fit correctly now and the pull tabs are falling off both boots. They also left a bunch of glue on the side of one of them. They were solid for five years but I have a pair of Wesco Jobmasters on order to replace them.

Unfortunately, I think they’re going to shit too. Lacrosse bought them out in 2014 and it seems like they’re losing some of the OG guys. last year, after five resoles, It was finally time for a full recraft. Not only did they use the wrong leather, but the right boot doesn’t fit correctly now and the pull tabs are falling off both boots. They also left a bunch of glue on the side of one of them. They were solid for five years but I have a pair of Wesco Jobmasters on order to replace them.
    I never knew they got bought out, attrition doesn't suprise me though. To be fully transparent, I had my first pair of lineman boots sent back for a rebuild and one came back fine, one foot fucked up. It was crooked, took me a long time to send them back and I ended up having them changed into a pair of smoke jumpers when I finally got around to sending them back. Once they returned from that they were too wide and also should have had the uppers replaced because of the old stitching holes, so back they went. They should have them this week and can hopefully get them in the hands of someone with skill this time.

Reactions: Jackalope
    how would you know it was not just made in a sweet shop in china and slapped with a tag made in America unless you have physically seen the plant how would you really know the difference ?

how would you know it was not just made in a sweet shop in china and slapped with a tag made in America unless you have physically seen the plant how would you really know the difference ?
    I guess just like anything else. If you don't make it yourself or see it made with your own eyes, how do you know anything is. I've spoken to the guy who built one pair, so there's that. Ultimately, you can tell if something was made in a third world shit operation or by someone with skill.

More boots...
    20200722_060726.jpg
    20200722_060709.jpg