• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes got DLOC ?

hrt4me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2001
Dallas, Texas
I've been trying some of the DLOC mounts for my various optics, and I'm very impressed with these quality products. Pictured here are the new M4x30mm scope mount with dual DLOCs in conjunction with an illuminated reticle Leupold MKIV 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M1 (thanks for the loaner rifle scope, 737Shark!), the DLOC-MICRO-T1 mount coupled with the DLOC PVS-14 night vision mount, the DLOC-T for the Trijicon ACOG line, and the DLOC-S for Harris swivel bipods. You can also see the DCLW tripod which incorporates the DLOC system along with the accompanying cradle.
P1000346.jpg

According to the manufacturer, Alamo Four Star, the DLOC system "fits all 1913 Mil-Specifications, including those rails which are worn or damaged; no tools required; when removed, returns back to zero; Two-Stage push rod and knobs standard on all DLOC models; ensures that once tightened, it will not accidentally detach, unlike other mounting configurations used today."

As described, I found these mounts easy to install and use, and they do indeed hold repeatable zero when removing and re-installing them on your rail. The DLOC system also features increased surface area in its locking mechanism, resulting in greater purchase between the mount and your rail, without damaging and degrading the rail in the process, unlike competing mounting systems.

To attach a DLOC to your rail, simply unscrew the knob:
P1000360.jpg

then push the spring-loaded knob to 'open' the clamping rail:
P1000361.jpg

and finally, once the mount is securely clamped onto your rail, tighten the knob to lock the mount to your rail (in this photo, you can see one knob is tightened down and the other knob is unscrewed for comparison):
P1000362.jpg

Even though a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX32jLk30T0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX32jLk30T0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: got DLOC ?

Here are some photos of the new M4X 30mm scope mount with dual DLOCs in conjunction with an illuminated reticle Leupold MKIV 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M1:
P1000347.jpg

P1000348.jpg

P1000349.jpg

P1000350.jpg

P1000363.jpg

P1000365.jpg

Alamo Four Star also offers this particular DLOC M4X mount in a 34mm version, but those are flying off the shelves to fill contract orders!

Kyle Lamb of Viking Tactics, Inc. (VTAC) writes about the DLOC M4X: "Great to see a mount which finally answers some continuing problems with quick-release scope mounts. The Alamo Four Star mount answers the mail. First of all, the repeated mounting and removal will not destroy your receiver nor scope mount rail as others have proven to do. Even more exciting is the fact that there is finally a mount which is slick on the left side, allowing for ease of carry, with no snag hazard. These mounts can also be equipped with easily tightened 1/2" torque nuts if required. Lastly, this mount is lighter than any of the competition with excellent return-to-zero capability."

Here are some photos of the DLOC-MICRO-T1 mount coupled with the DLOC PVS-14 night vision mount (in conjunction with an Aimpoint T1 Micro and a loaner AN/PVS-14, respectively):
P1000352.jpg

P1000353.jpg

P1000354.jpg

P1000356.jpg

P1000355.jpg

P1000357.jpg

The DLOC-T with a Trijicon ACOG 4x32; also pictured are the DLOC-S with Harris BRM-S swivel bipod and the DCLW (without cradle):
P1000358.jpg

P1000359.jpg

P1000385.jpg

P1000384.jpg

P1000379.jpg

some close-up photos of the DLOC-S in conjunction with a Harris BRM-S swivel bipod and KMW Pod-Loc:
P1000370.jpg

P1000371.jpg

P1000372.jpg

Finally, some close-up photos of the DLOC system on the DCLW tripod (with the cradle removed); you can also see the DLOC-T with Trijicon ACOG and DLOC-S with Harris swivel bipod. Several of the photos again depict how to clamp the rail into the DLOC atop the DCLW tripod. It is amazing how much weight the DCLW can support, and this tripod is perfect for extended periods in an overwatch setting, such as while hunting or on tactical call-outs, for example:
P1000377.jpg

P1000378.jpg

P1000376.jpg

P1000386.jpg

P1000374.jpg

P1000375.jpg

P1000381.jpg

P1000382.jpg

I've got a DCLW with the DLOC head, a DLOC Trijicon mount and a DLOC-S for a Harris. Rock solid lock up and I've never had one begin to work loose.

I'll have to call Alamo tomorrow. I've been trying to get ahold of Cheese to buy a DLOC for my Harris and he's off the grid. Has been for awhile.

Thanks for the link.

Alamo Four Star's DLOC-PVS14 mount as marketed by Summit Night Vision Group (SNVG) as the Summit PVS-14 Quick-Connect Rail Mount Adapter... {<span style="font-style: italic">scroll down to see the video posted on November 22 under </span>OPMOD PVS-14 Night Vision Monocular Gen III – OpticsPlanet.com Product in Focus}
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D3-33QLsew"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D3-33QLsew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Very nice write up and photos.

The main question I have is, What prevents the mechanism from jst loosening up, and the mount then getting loose?? The knurled knob does not have any kind of lock does it???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toshu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice write up and photos.

The main question I have is, What prevents the mechanism from just loosening up, and the mount then getting loose?? The knurled knob does not have any kind of lock does it???</div></div>

no, the knurled knob does not feature any lock, but I've never had any issues with them loosening either during sustained use

I've been running the DLOC/VTAC quick-detach Ultralight Vertical Grip (UVG) for several months now:
vtac_uvg1_rifles.jpg

I also just got another DLOC-T for my latest hunting optic...

Alamo Four Star Optic Mounts - +100%

I've been trying some of the DLOC mounts for my various optics, and I'm very impressed with these quality products. Pictured here are the new M4x30mm scope mount with dual DLOCs in conjunction with an illuminated reticle Leupold MKIV 2.5-8x36mm MR/T M1 (thanks for the loaner rifle scope, 737Shark!), the DLOC-MICRO-T1 mount coupled with the DLOC PVS-14 night vision mount, the DLOC-T for the Trijicon ACOG line, and the DLOC-S for Harris swivel bipods. You can also see the DCLW tripod which incorporates the DLOC system along with the accompanying cradle.
P1000346.jpg

According to the manufacturer, Alamo Four Star, the DLOC system "fits all 1913 Mil-Specifications, including those rails which are worn or damaged; no tools required; when removed, returns back to zero; Two-Stage push rod and knobs standard on all DLOC models; ensures that once tightened, it will not accidentally detach, unlike other mounting configurations used today."

As described, I found these mounts easy to install and use, and they do indeed hold repeatable zero when removing and re-installing them on your rail. The DLOC system also features increased surface area in its locking mechanism, resulting in greater purchase between the mount and your rail, without damaging and degrading the rail in the process, unlike competing mounting systems.

To attach a DLOC to your rail, simply unscrew the knob:
P1000360.jpg

then push the spring-loaded knob to 'open' the clamping rail:
P1000361.jpg

and finally, once the mount is securely clamped onto your rail, tighten the knob to lock the mount to your rail (in this photo, you can see one knob is tightened down and the other knob is unscrewed for comparison):
P1000362.jpg

Even though a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a thousand pictures:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX32jLk30T0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX32jLk30T0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>