• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GOT IT! GAP10 Pics MORE ADDED 5/29

fastford

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 10, 2008
    Central, Texas
    Here ya go Ken, as promised!

One of the 2 GAP10's I ordered showed today, no range time yet though.

Todd if you see this, hurry up and paint the other one!! : )

18.5"
    some kinda military green, with black stock and barrel
    sphur mount
    henny NH1

_K4_6565.jpg

_K4_6566.jpg

_K4_6568.jpg

Just got back from the range to break it in. First off, I suck compared to most shooters on this board I freely admit it! BUT this think rocks for a gas gun! Not a single failure of any kind and was easy on brass. Like a dumb ass, i went to the range without a can, so icant comment on that yet. Here a some groups, i am very happy for straight outta the box!

photo2-15.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo3-7.jpg

UPDATE

Surefire suppressor runs like a champ. Getting a 1 inch shift, no biggie. Still groups all holes still touching in 30mph gusting wind. I chronoed a few factory loads as well:

BH 175 AVG 2577
    SW 175 AVG 2584
    FGMM 175 AVG 2619
    AP 175 AVG 2615

All shot well, I have not had a single failure to feed. There was no more blowback on this rifle than any of my other AR10 builds using a suppressor. Shot it to 1000 also, and I had no problems there either!

Re: GOT IT! GAP10 Pics

That is one sweet setup! I think GAP did good by choosing the POF upper and lower because it brings two great companies together for one helluva rifle!

Your Atlas is on backwards!

Lol, nice rifle! I have been tossing around ordering one (to put MY Hensoldt on,) and believe me, your pics don't help my bank account out any!

Congrats,

-Bob

Nice stick, been thinking about it myself. What is the weight with scope and bipod?

14.4 in which picture? Suppressor or no suppressor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">without can, 14.4 sorry! </div></div>What I figured. Still not bad really!

14.4???? Where does it come from........is the barrel that heavy? Also is the gas system full rifle length or mid?

I wonder how much their 6 groove fluting will take off that weight........

I'm getting in line tomorrow.

Congrats man!! Haven't chatted with you in a while, but you sound excited to get your new GAP, I know it will be a shooter. Congrats again.

I wonder why they went with mid instead of rifle??? I know without a doubt they know more about them than I do........guess I'll ask tomorrow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JWHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder why they went with mid instead of rifle??? I know without a doubt they know more about them than I do........guess I'll ask tomorrow.</div></div>

The midlength gas system was chosen based upon the length of the handguard, which is already so long there would have been difficulty manufacturing a longer setup.

We have further limited the barrel length on the GAP 10 to 22 inches as to maintain good function.

Looks good. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago...the clock is ticking very slowly. Looking forward to a range report.

Wow, that is awesome Chris--love the color combo--gonna have to copy that on next AR15--never seen that rail before either
    ---what trigger does it have?

any puppies yet?

When you go to shoot it take some 175gr and 155gr stuff. I would be interested to see which one shoots the best for you when your running with the suppressor.

Mine prefers the 155's with the can on.

Congrats thats a beautiful rifle, I look forward to a range report

she is eating her 700th frisby! lol

IRA gap10 is a 1/2 moa gun IF I show up, if i dont its 3/4 gun

the gap10 is a 18.5 barrel

Awesome is all I gotta say! Can't wait for mine to arrive. I am looking at the Spuhr or Warne R.A.M.P. mount. Where did you get your Spuhr mount? Is the NH1 Objective Lens Diameter 56mm?

Great Choice looks like ill be making a call to gap!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is all cleared here CO, Thursday I should be at the range with the Suppressor so can finally try it out that way.

</div></div>

Sounds good. Interested to hear your thoughts after shooting with the suppressor.

fastford, what parts are from POF and what does GAP do to them? Just curious, I have a POF and am having a rough time with some customer service getting the correct rail.

Looks good Fastford. Looking forward to range report.

Colodog, they use the upper and lower receivers and rail system from POF. That's all. GAP supplies and builds everything from there. Not sure they could help out with your rail problem though. Keep trying to get ahold of POF and try to talk to Cody or Frank.

Surefire brake adapter for their can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So nice, that color is awesome. </div></div>The mount, scope, stock, Atlas and the muzzle break aren't so bad either haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surefire brake adapter for their can. </div></div>

ok thanks for the reply. I just never saw one like that.

Groups look promising, just ordered one today. 18" same as yours.
    What ammo? Any 5 shot groups?

i used SW ammo, FGMM, and that new AP ammo. all shot the same.....good.. Yes 5 shot

again i stress i suck! I am sure others will do better

I am seriously torn between the GAP 10 and an OBR. At this point, I think the GAP is looking like the way to go.