• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got Mauser?

Proteus_X3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2004
New Jersey
Last Week I was reunited with an old friend my 1908/34 Brazilian Mauser.I know it's not a precession rifle,but for a mauser it shot pretty damn good. Chambered in 25-06 it was a great deer gun when I lived in PA,when I moved to NJ I just killed paper with it.Well the barrel went south 3 year ago and I was at a cross road on what I should do with it.Now I need to ask everyone reading this post a question.Ever get sentimental about a gun? I have been know to be,I still own many of my first guns. This Mauser just happend to become a testbed for home gunsmithing projects,some of came out good other didn't.
eek.gif

I decided the old gal deserved one final make-over. So I started gathering parts for a build. Special Thanks too-Tom Manner for building a GAT stock,JWIII for the 20 MOA scope base and machining the bump off the rear of the receiver,and finally Mark King of Mark King Rifles for doing the gunsmithing work. Mark has proven once again that <span style="font-style: italic">You can make a silk purse from a pigs ear</span>
laugh.gif

I had planned on giving the rifle to my son on his 11th birthday,but I decided to give the rifle to him now.This is going to be his mid range "F' class rifle.Sometimes you just can't put a price on a childs joy.Rich

<span style="font-weight: bold">Specs;<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] Fully blue printed Mauser Action,also bolt was reworked to improve lock-time[*] Barrel Broughton C5 hvy Palma 1 in 9 twist 26" .292 neck chamber in .260 Remington[*]Manner MCS-GAT Stock pilar install in the rear and barrel bedded [*]USO 20 MOA scope base.[*] Timmney Featherwight Deluxe trigger set at 1.5 lbs</span>[/list]

<span style="font-weight: bold">Before </span>
Picture036-1.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">After</span>
IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

Re: Got Mauser?

NIIIICE!!!

My dad helped me build a 30-06 from a 1938 Turk when I graduated from HS. I'll never sell that either, just like your "sentimental piece" I have a couple that won't ever leave me.

How's it shoot?