• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

got me a new toy

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
I just picked up a new Savage 93 17 HMR with a heavy barrel. Just wondering what ammo everyone is having the best luck with? It seems CCI and Hornady is the most common, also I have seen alot of manufactures use the 17gr Amax, do they all shoot about the same or does one stand out?

Re: got me a new toy

I think all the ones using the 17 grain VMax are identical, if fact I would not doubt that all of them are from the same manufacturer with different stickers. For them to all post the exact 2,550 fps is a little peculiar.
Just my opinion.
...SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think all the ones using the 17 grain VMax are identical, if fact I would not doubt that all of them are from the same manufacturer with different stickers. For them to all post the exact 2,550 fps is a little peculiar.
Just my opinion.
...SmokeRolls </div></div>
+1...they are all manufactured by Hornady

I think the same manufacturer. Poly-Tipped is all the same, then the HP's are the same just different stamps.

Thats what I have been told anyways.

Thanks guys, I had a feeling that all the Vmax's were made by the same company. Didn't want to chase around all the different brands if they we the same.

I have the same gun and found it likes winchester surpreme. At 50 yards it will shoot just bigger than a ragged hole. CCI hp/bc shot the worst of the ammo I tried.