• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Got me a razor amg!

Mikhailovich

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2017
Monroe, Washington
And it’s got debris on the inside... not cool vortex. Anybody know the super secret number to vortex? (Not the customer service # on their website)

Other than that, I really like it. Turrets are fantastic, glass is excellent,(except for the debris) I’m impressed. I’ve slowly been hunting for that unicorn scope, I think I may have found it. Started with a Burris xtr2, moved on to a Bushnell dmr2i and now the vortex razor amg.

Attachments

• CC969167-7B81-4F14-A70B-1E25A6BBDEE3.jpeg
    CC969167-7B81-4F14-A70B-1E25A6BBDEE3.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 277
  • 963CCCE1-4580-4B44-80C1-DC2C91390D55.jpeg
    963CCCE1-4580-4B44-80C1-DC2C91390D55.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 282
  • 58FE6029-5EE3-4107-90A6-0AFC2900E8EB.jpeg
    58FE6029-5EE3-4107-90A6-0AFC2900E8EB.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 266
And it’s got debris on the inside... not cool vortex. Anybody know the super secret number to vortex? (Not the customer service # on their website)

Other than that, I really like it. Turrets are fantastic, glass is excellent,(except for the debris) I’m impressed. I’ve slowly been hunting for that unicorn scope, I think I may have found it. Started with a Burris xtr2, moved on to a Bushnell dmr2i and now the vortex razor amg.

Once you get the debris taken care of, you’ll love it.

Yesterday around twilight (7:45-8:15) I was able to still make correction calls at 425 yds when a Schmidt, tango 6, and Steiner military were only able to call impacts.

Wow I know things can happen but those are some large dust/debris...and more than one. How did that pass QC? Frustrating but very nice scope. Love the reticle.

I keep my AMG on my GAP Thunder Ranch. But until I save up to buy more high end glass, I switch it to other rifles. It sits in a Spuhr 3601 Mount.

This is after taking it off the GAP, mounting it on my 223 Wylde gas gun to get 100 yd dope, and then remounting on m GAP, turning dials to zero and shooting 3 rnd group. This was the first 3 shots, so no warm up or “settled in” shots. 168 fgmm factory ammo. Aiming at the corner that was where the middle hole is.

So, you can have full faith in your AMG once you get it right.

0F8C4353-0118-415A-BF71-114A168553A6.jpeg

Reactions: patriot07
Looks like grease spots on a lens. It happens, and more than likely it wasn't there during the process. Send it in, it'll be back in a week or so.

Wow I know things can happen but those are some large dust/debris...and more than one. How did that pass QC? Frustrating but very nice scope. Love the reticle.

What makes you think it had to leave the factory like that? Rough handling in shipping could have dislodged something from the grease inside on to the lens.

Reactions: Rob01
Thanks guys! Dave at Vortex here. I made contact with Mikhailovich and we are going to get this taken care of. Not that this is a good excuse but we have been in the process of moving to our brand new state of the art facility over the last couple of months. We are now fully moved in, as of last week. It's just my speculation but possible with the move something got missed on this scope. In any case, again no excuse, but we will get this taken care of ASAP. I also think our new facility is going to allow us to do even more great things in our industry in the coming years! Thanks everyone!

Dave

Last edited:
I don't know much about manufacturing processes so of course it could have happened after it left factory I suppose. Regardless I'm not hating, I just purchased be a gen 2 PST myself last week. Looking forward to trying it and having that awesome vortex warranty and quick support. Keep up the good work, things happen.

This happened with my vortex spotting scope. It was fine for 3 years banging around at the range, etc. sat in the safe for about a year. I took it out to use it and a spot magically appeared on the lens. Sent it back and they took care of it.

Good to hear; this echoes what i had heard: that Vortex has the best warrantee in the business and great service with it. I like the Razor AMG, and have heard good things about them. I own a Razor Gen II. Nice to see a manufacturer step up and take care of you.

Everything I own has a Viper on it; haven't graduated to Razor status yet, but its great to know there are reps active on this forum! Even better that they'll reach out here and stand behind their amazing product! +1 Vortex!

This happened with my vortex spotting scope. It was fine for 3 years banging around at the range, etc. sat in the safe for about a year. I took it out to use it and a spot magically appeared on the lens. Sent it back and they took care of it.

yea, ive had similar happen with a couple different optics over the years...seems like it always happens on hotter days, like the grease inside gets a little thin after baking in the sun for a while...usually its small specks that i cant even see unless i zoom out to min power, but once i pulled the trigger on my 28 nosler and during recoil a big blob of grease hit right near the middle of the cross hairs lol

One benefit I have is I’m used to looking through dirty or scratched glasses because I’m terrible with them. I just sort of block out the issues. So I would probably do the same on the scope haha.

Practically every scope I've used or been issued had floaters like these. USO x2, Nightforce NXS, Leupold Mark 4 series, Vortex. Nothing so far in my 2 Athlon Cronus BTR's......but that means there will be today when I use it :)

They move around. John Williams, former owner of USO, used to tell people to smack the scope hard and firmly on a phone book to get them out of the way.

I am convinced that the EBR7B is the best reticle right now. So more AMGs for me in the future. I was hesitant when I sold my Kahles k624 to fund it but I have no regrets.

I am convinced that the EBR7B is the best reticle right now. So more AMGs for me in the future. I was hesitant when I sold my Kahles k624 to fund it but I have no regrets.
Man that reticle is so busy...I can't help but wish they made an AMG with an MR4/SKMR3, or even just an SKMR.

Got my AMG when my USO went down. Now that I got the USO back I still have my AMG on the rifle. I just can't seem to take it off. I like it a lot and much as any other scope I have used. Tracking and performance is spot on.

The Ebr7b is damn near identical to the mr4!
The EBR-7B is way busier on the horizontal.

The extra hashes at .5 mils are unnecessary. All of the hashes are too bold, too tall, and the numbering at every mil is also unnecessary and distracting. The Christmas tree on the EBR-7B is too wide too soon. Not often you're holding more windage than elevation. Another thing that bothers me on the EBR-7/7b is the numbers on the vertical being up against the main line rather than at the end of the tree.

The perfect reticle IMHO would be an MR4 with one down, two up, one down windage hash marks like the SKMR3 and Mil-C. But that's an incredibly small complaint. Everything else about it seems just perfect.

I actually like the cleaner center of the EBR-7 in comparison to the EBR-7B, but it does complicate small wind holds since your reticle goes out .3 mils.
The problem is that even though I have some reticle complaints, it's still a decent reticle and everything else about the AMG is just fantastic. Glass quality, turrets, eyebox, weight, illumination are all top notch. It's a ridiculously nice scope.

I would love to get an AMG, but I don’t care for the ebr7 reticle. The 7b is a little better with the small center dot, but I wish they would’ve just stuck with the ebr2c reticle. Love that reticle! Nice and clean, open center, and it just looks a lot less cluttered to my eyes. If they put that reticle in the AMG, I’d get one for each of my long range rifles.

I would love to get an AMG, but I don’t care for the ebr7 reticle. The 7b is a little better with the small center dot, but I wish they would’ve just stuck with the ebr2c reticle. Love that reticle! Nice and clean, open center, and it just looks a lot less cluttered to my eyes. If they put that reticle in the AMG, I’d get one for each of my long range rifles.
I could live with the EBR-2C with a floating dot instead of an open center.

Reactions: cro789
I agree to a point. I have both and like both, but I don't run either above 15 power unless I'm working on load development. 10-15 power easily gets me to 1000 yards on steel hangers so I really like the half mil windage markings on the amg. Then again on 10-15 power it doesn't take a rocket science degree to figure out where half a mil is. As for the 2/10th, I just hold left or right a hair. Turrets on the amg are a little nicer I feel, but the good thing about either reticle is you can shoot past 1000 yards depending on your caliber without ever dialing anyways! I really liked the kahles but the windage tree being solid lines threw me off of them. Rumor has it nightforce is making a tree reticle based on the mil-c. If so that's where the rest of my son's college savings are going!
That's my only other thought - maybe they're that bold so they're still easily visible down at 12x-15x? If so, that's not a horrible reason.