• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my .260 together

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    This was my 5R. I ended up going with a .260 after beating myself around the head and ears over the .243/.260/6.5CM debate. My wife wanted to try to shoot it, so I ended up putting an APA LB brake on it to tame some of the recoil, although the concussion won't be too much fun either I'm guessing. This is what its got in it:

-Trued 700
    -Broughton 5C 7.7HV contour at 26"
    -APA LB brake
    -B.O. recoil lug
    -Manners T4, painted by Todd
    -Sightron SIII 6-24x50 in IOR rings and a Nightforce 20MOA base

I am still going to coat the barreled action, but wanted to bed it to the stock first and get a load worked up for it.

700T4.jpg

700T42.jpg

700T43.jpg

Re: Got my .260 together

Miles, funny i just got my 260 put together as well. Try some 4831SC worked up to 47 grs, over the 140 AMAX or 139 Scenar. Its a decent little load
    wink.gif

I've got two boxes of Cor Bon (123 Scenar, and 142SMK) that I'm going to put through it before I start some handloads. I'm also sitting on 3 boxes of boolits, 140A-Max, 142SMK, and 140VLD, the 139gr Scenars were out of stock when I ordered. I also have 500 cases of virgin RP brass. After weight sorting I still have 466 (I think) that made the cut and weren't over or under.

I did get some Reloader 19, and Hodgdon H4350 powder as well, and I found a few more CCI BR-2 primers.

You still around in the area Austin?

Not at the moment Shooter, but with the way I can't keep from f@cking with stuff I might have it up for sale after a few hundred rounds.

Miles, im still here. Around and kicking. I havent been out to Flatwoods in ages, i may have to come out there one of these days to do some load testing, and see which gives the best accuracy and then go to my "go to" place and get real world dope, i got alot to do before ASC

I'll probably be heading out that way next Saturday. I have to zero my USO on my SPS Tac anyways.

Thats a SWEET looking rifle! congrats on getter her together. just curious since im going through that 243/260/6.5CM debate in my head also, what finally sold you on the 260?

Very nice rife, I would be proud to own it aswell.

I really like the stock. Who did the camo?

EDIT: I read more thoroughly and answered my own question.

Great stick by the way.

Brand, Todd Jackson (30calsniper) did it from Manners.

Miles, i may run out there Saturday just to zero the scope and see what load shoots the best. Ill be there. Call it 12-1 in the afternoon?

Yeah, read that after. I'm the guy who assembles the coffee table without instructions and wonder why it only has three legs because all I do is look at pictures on the box and dont read shit.

Austin, I should be out there then. That place is starting to get a bit depressing though.

I have a very similar set up but without the muzzle break. Even without it, it is not a heavy recoiler at all due to the weight, so I would watch out that your wife doesn't lay claim to your new gun as I imagine it is going to be pretty tame.

Beautiful rifle.