• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my Ballistic Edge annealer today

InTheWeeds

Sergeant
Minuteman
Brown Santa paid me a visit today. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but all I can say is this is one helluva piece of machinery. Heavy duty aluminum all the way around, adjustable feet, heavy duty hardware. I ordered it a little over a week ago and they said they would have to build one. I was figuring a few week wait, but it came pretty quick. Hopefully I'll have a chance to use it this weekend and post some videos.
IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Re: Got my Ballistic Edge annealer today

There's someone here who attached a case feeder to it.

Let menknow if your havin so much fun you want o anneal my brass to!

3 words... I want it

how much are those flame torches, I don't know jack about that. how long do those torches last? 100 rounds at least?

Those torches are not expensive and are easily found at about any hardware store. You will get several hundred rounds out of them easily.

Very nice machine. Annealing with a machine is the only way to go.

I annealed about 200 cases yesterday, including a bunch of time getting the heat/time right of practice cases. Once its setup, it only takes 5-6 seconds per case, so its nothing to anneal 100 cases. The torches I bought from Home Depot for about $30 (two torch nozzles at $12 each, two bottles at $3 each). Next to my RCBS Chargemaster, this is my best investment for reloading.
Its pretty fun too. Heck, if you want me to anneal your brass, pay to ship it to and from me, and throw in a $5 bill to cover the propane and I'll do it.
IMHO, I dont think a case feeder is a good idea. I mean, it would make life alot easier, but it would allow you to step away from the machine and draw your attention away from it. And when you're dealing with an open flame in your reloading room (or even away from your reloading room), its always a good idea to be fully attentive to whats going on.