• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Got my Bear!

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
09bearhunt012.jpg

After pounding around the hills for 4 days with a good friend we got a break and closed the deal on this one....really, really fun hunt, thanks Jake!!!

Re: Got my Bear!

Congrats!!!! About an hour ago I was drooling over some of the Mulie pics you had posted on another site. Very nice!!!!

Yes....but I've been hung-up on killing them with my blackpowder 12ga and I didn't close the deal this time. Should have just used the Benelli. LOL.

You damn sure did!! Great job thanks for sharing. Gotta love Montana, you born and raised there? How did you get it out of there?

Congratulations PGS!!
I went for three weekends in a row and the two that were close enough to shoot were a sow and cub. Hopefully I will get one more weekend in.

That looks like a good one PGS, congrats.

It brings back some memories as I just got my 08 acrhery bear back from the taxidermist a couple of days ago.

Been here awhile...have relatives that homesteaded here in the late 1800's.

Skinned it where it fell...boned it and backpacked it back to camp about three miles down the creek. Waist deep snow and two creek crossings...hot chili tasted pretty good at midnight!!!

Congrats man...
cool.gif

my season closed to fast. open for 6 days and the female mortality was hit. have to wait till fall now...
frown.gif

got some good trail cam pics of 2 cinnamons and one big black though....

Wish I could have been there, I'm not planning on having any babies next spring. We gotta hook up and go next year. Congrats on the beautiful bear man!!!!

Damn nice bear. Those mulie pics Brad was talking about were pretty nice, too.

Woulda killed him deader with a heavy rifle, though...grin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bgold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... Those mulie pics Brad was talking about were pretty nice, too.</div></div>

Nice bear and beautiful country! +1 on the trip back to camp, hunting big country can be a lot of work when it comes to packing out game.

Where are these mulie pics at?

Nice bear going to try and get out there and try bear hunting some spring.