• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my bolt back from AZPrecision

bnoland

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2006
Memphis, TN
It came out great! Thanks Kieth!

3932554644_3536df797f_b.jpg

3931779669_bb56b9a92a_b.jpg

Re: Got my bolt back from AZPrecision

looks good, my friend just got his back from them and it looks great also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AZPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you. I really appreciate the post.
</div></div>

I love it.. and I think the black and silver looks awsome on there!

Our turn around time is about 3 days in shop.
In the last couple months, every order has shipped out within 3 days except for two or three orders this past week because we got unexpectedly busy.

We are fully caught up now.

Thank you

Can't wait till I get mine back. Should get here Monday if I'm correct. All the pics I have seen look great.

Thats a Very nice looking Knob!!

Now all you have to do is replace that pesky "j" Lock with a Gre-Tan Firing pin assembly.

PMs out.

Thanks guys.

And yea those J-locks.... I cant believe Remington did that.
Something some people dont know and I just learned 8 months ago... there are Remington assemblies without the external lock, that still have the crap firing pin and curled up spring that the J-lock assemblies have. Meaning some bolts have hidden J-lock firing pins in them but no key hole. You can tell by the long ass shroud.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the way to switch from the J lock? What is the issue with the J lock??

I'll put in another good word for Keith. Excellent work. My bolt looks great. I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed.

Pete

bnoland...
the entire assembly must be replaced. It's not hard to put a new one in, but you must measure firing pin protrusion and make sure it's between 55-65 thousanths for the aluminum ones. Remington factory assebmlies are noramly between 50 and 60 thousanths(I've measured a few dozen just to see)

They range in price from $50 for steel, and around $80 for aluminum. Some include an aluminum shroud as well.

I install complete aluminum assemblies for $80. This includes an aluminum shroud, aluminum shafted firing pin with stainless steel pin, new spring better than factory, new cocking piece, and new cross pin.

If more people knew what the ISS(J-lock) assebmlies looked like inside, they'd change them out first thing.

The aluminum ones also weigh half as much and reduce locktime by about 33%(says the companies that make them) Examples are Tubb speedlock pins, Gre-tan, and Pacific tool and gauge.

What is this going to change for me as far as operation of the gun? Is there something wrong with the stock stuff? Thanks