• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my Can-Am Defender.

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    2019 Maxx XMR. Lifted, 33" tires and a bunch of other goodies. Its back at the dealership getting a new roof/rack system and other stuff installed. I just order a ton of other goodies like lighting, sound, dual batteries and protection.

We go on some pretty gnarly hog hunts for extended times. And I needed something to compete with the Polaris Rangers. Im thinking of mounting some fuel and water packs. I think this beast will be perfect for the expedition type hunts.

Anyone do similar hunts? Or camping? This is kind of a hunting, riding, camping type vehicle where I can load up the family and/or friends and we go out for a few days/nights. We do have multiple vehicles in case something happens.
    20190802_171304.jpg
    20190802_171900.jpg
    20190802_195050.jpg
    received_343309999890694.jpeg
    received_360314821541625.jpeg
    received_1334232953415791.jpeg
    20190216_145640.jpg
    20190216_150609.jpg
    20180822_012717.jpg
    20180825_030312.jpg

Nice!! I have to get around to a hog hunt. It's been on the list but things always seem to get in the way.
    That thing looks like a blast.

Nice ride. HD8 or HD10? I’m looking to trade my motorcycle in on a new UTV soon and have been looking at either the HD10 or Ranger 1000. Don’t need the fancy upgrade package with lift like yours, since mine will mostly be running the family between friend’s/family’s houses and doing general property maintenance. Still not sure which to go with.

Looks like a nice ride. I have the exact ranger that is in those photos. When it’s time to upgrade I will get the can am.

Belt fed fore and aft mounted .50 calibers would be a nice option.

I like the looks of that better than my ranger, but ho-lee shit is that the only color they come in?

Yea, yellow wasnt my choice at all. I actually wanted the 2020 camo. But the price I got on this 2019 and color just couldnt be beat.

Friend bought a UTV and keeps it at his cousins farm. Think his might be a CanAm of some model.

I used it a couple years ago to take a young son into the woods camping.

It was handy because it allowed us to bring enough gear to make it a "Glamping" trip. Nothing was spared - chainsaw for clearing/fire wood, fuel for stove and lantern, tarps to make a sweet camp, full size coolers for him to eat the food he likes. My sons first camping trip and he loved it.

If all goes well last weekend this month we will be doing same. I have even more stuff to pack this time.

Very grateful to my friend for allowing such liberal use of his machine, these things are not cheap.

Yours looks sweet. I dont mind the yellow one bit.

Sold my Ranger 6x6 a year ago because I wasn't using it enough to justify the cost. Miss it though but recently stumbled across the CanAm 6x6 Defender. I like it but dang, the 6x6 is pushing $20k!

That rig is sweet, as economists say that will add to your PQLI (physical quality of life index). Nice pile of hogs.

I went the Mule Pro FX route for the huge bed, I plan on varminting off front and rear mounted shooting tables.

Very nice job.

That thing is sick! Congrats.

Was going to buy something similar until I found out you can’t drive them on the street here in Nevada.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Makes my 900xp look like a ground hugger. Like them tires, bet they work good in snow.

Nice looking rig! I recently got a UTV and it’s the best hunting/camping purchase I’ve ever made. Can’t imagine going back now and can’t believe I waited so long.

I need to get some bigger tires like what you’ve done

Wonder if the pink one is for sale??? Asking for a friend! :whistle:

On another note....I have a Ranger 900Xp with 6 inch lift, 30 inch tires, full cab, power windows, heated seats, full stereo with 2 10 kicker subs mounted under the seats Focal spears in the dash and overhead that would love to go hog hunting????(y)

Pretty sweet setup you've got there!

I do hog runs kinda like you describe, but typically there's a lot less mud involved. Red clay, primarily. Stuff is nasty.

Oh, and as of September 1st, licenses aren't required to hunt hogs in TX anymore. If someone's looking to get in on that, I know where you can find some ;)