• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Got my DTA

TNtrg.300

Minuteman
Jan 6, 2011
Chattanooga,Tennessee
Got my DTA deployment kit ordered through Oakland Tactical yesterday. The wait was about 8 weeks. Was told 6 but Mike did keep me updated and with SHOT and the craziness that is the gun business these days I am happy to have it so soon. Got my Kahles 6-24i mounted in a Spuhr 44.4 MOA mount and only took about 4 rounds to zero. Did shoot one 5 round group at 100 yards with factory ammo that is posted below. This was my first time ever shooting a DTA and was very impressed. Only shot the .308 but have the .338 lapua conversion on its way. Hope to start load development this weekend and see what it can really do. Planning on shooting 300-1000 with .308 and 1000-who knows with the .338. Have to give a big thanks to Ken at Khaybes for all the help with the optic, the guys knowledge is pretty impressive and he is a super nice guy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I must say I do love the way it handles. The balance is unlike any precision rifle I have ever owned or shot. Yep, barrels and suppressor are gonna be the next step. The .308 & .338 should hold me for at least a month or so.

DTAs are so very nice.
If I ever pony up the $$$ to buy a high end rig I think they will be getting my money.

Congrats!

Joe

Thanks guys. I am extremely happy with my decision. Sold a bunch guns to fund this rifle. Still have some regrets on selling my Black-ops precision. Just need more time to shoot(and reload).

Ordered my new DTA SRS A1 with 22" 308 threaded barrel. Shot one for the first time last Saturday. Light recoil and easy 0.5 MOA groups. OLoved the feel and ergonomics of the rifle. Felt more comfortable than my Barrett MRAD 338. ThunderBeast 338 BA suppressor on order and I should be done. Atlas bipod looks great and we know they're solid. Good shooting and have fun !!!

Sweet rifle! I know what you mean about the regrets, I just sold my dream AW to fund a DTA. Just ordered a A1 today too. It just makes too much sense to me to have multiple calibers in such a well balanced, compact system. Enjoy!

Welcome to the club! Great rifles, and you get so used to shooting them that regular bolt actions feel out of sorts. The only reason I still have another bolt action is that Mark from SAC hasn't released the 223 conversion just yet. What's up with that Mark?!? :)

I'm banking on SAC having the 223 conversion kit available in the next year or two. Have 22" 308 SRS arriving in the next few months. Optics and suppressor from my MRAD, but don't plan to sell it. Too great of a platform to part with. Barrett should eventually come out with their civilian barrel conversions, but are presently being responsible and supplying our troop in harms way. I support Ronnie Barrett in all his decisions. True Patriot !

Too great of a platform to part with. Barrett should eventually come out with their civilian barrel conversions, but are presently being responsible and supplying our troop in harms way.

Eh, I seriously doubt that's the reason why after 2-3 years of waiting there are still no conversion kits available for the MRAD.

Sweet rifle! They are so impressive. I shot one finally. It was a laser... Being a lefty was a handicap though. I could cycle it efficiently but had to break my cheek weld each cycle.

Super nice rig. Like the case too. You'll be shooting one hole groups with her in no time with some handloads. Congrats on a great rifle.