• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my first custom 10/22 build done (sort of)pics

hydro556

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2007
STL, home of the Cardinals.
I received my temporary stock today. It is just a Hogue Overmould, but for $39 (From AAC) I couldnt pass it up. My permanent stock is being built and I should have it in February.

This will allow me to zero the scope to the barreled action and work out any potential kinks prior to the permanent stock arriving.

Build consists of-
Kidd 20" Match barrel
Kidd Trigger Job trigger
Kidd bolt buffer
Kidd Charging handle and some other small parts. But this bolt is going to be moved to my Takedown tomorrow or the next day when my Kidd Scalloped Black bolt arrives.

This was intended to be a lower budget custom build (My first 10/22 build) but it ended up being basically all Kidd parts minus the receiver, but it should shoot.

Scope is a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44.Just awaiting the 30mm rings to arrive. Should be this week. All in all, I should be shooting this weekend. Hoping it shoots as well as all the other Kidd's I have read about.

Here are a couple cell pics.

7650F778-orig.jpg

A5AB515F-orig.jpg

Re: Got my first custom 10/22 build done (sort of)pics

Lookin' good! I grabbed one of those Hogue stocks from AAC as well, but haven't gotten around to getting anything to fill it with. Plan on doing a lightweight plinker with NoDak sights and a mini red dot, so hopefully the flexy Hogue won't be so bad on it.

What's the permanent stock you went with?

Re: Got my first custom 10/22 build done (sort of)pics

I am having one built.

The rifle is a bit front heavy with the bull barrel in the Hogue. Should get better when I put the scope on though.

Hoping to shoot Saturday. Will post range report.