• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my new Savage FLCP-K!

Starbelly

Private
Minuteman
No good pics, but this is a nice rifle, very soft shooter. Only 40rnds down the tube, but I am pleased with the performance so far. At some point in the near future I will be getting a different stock. Nothing terribly wrong with the Savage stock, but the grip is not very good for building a 90 on the trigger. A McMillan A5 is the front runner, but I have a few more I want to try before I buy. Accutrigger breaks clean at 2 lbs, no creep or overtravel. The action is a little notchy and stiff, but having the brake and DBM stock for around 700 its a great bang for the buck... still liking the SS 10x42 HD too.

IMAG0083.jpg

Re: Got my new Savage FLCP-K!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62gunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bolt is on backwards.......:) </div></div>

Wrong.... He's just one of us "Good Guys" lol. Nice rifle.

You should have a good base rifle there. The only thing that I could say that you need to do to it is what you have already figured out, and that is dropping it in a new stock. Check out Manners also. They did a great job inletting my Savage. The Savages are great shooters generally, but I have seen in the last few factory ones that I have picked up that the stock is the weak link.

maybe he reversed the photo by accident while editing it? or took the shot in a mirror? even savages have lefties in the bunch so welcome to the club. there is a lefty for sale section just so you know to look there for a stock as well as the classifieds

I had the 10 PC for a while, I like the bedding system just not the shape. ... which Manners did you get? The T4 looks promising but I don't know where to go to check one out in person. I have handled the HS Precision and the McMillan. The McMillan vertical grip feels a little closer to the trigger than the HS, and I have short index fingers, so the closer the better.

I jsut got one of these recently too, check out my thread(Ammo to try on new rifle) and you can skip to the last post to see ammo results. I'm surprised at your response about the bolt working notchy. Mine is smooth as butter as long as I don't use surplus ammo. Try to clean fully clean the area between the safety collar and bolt face(the spinny thing on the end of the bolt), then lubricate it with some mobile 1 synthetic grease.

Anyways have fun with it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62gunr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bolt is on backwards.......:) </div></div>

When we "Lefty's" take over the World, ALL who badmouth us
Will BE Remembered and dwelt with.

BTW, I have two FLCP-K and are boringly accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jea1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSCN0708.jpg

Just finished mine up yesterday. Yours looks great! </div></div>

How much weight do you save not running a ring cap in the rear?
grin.gif

Yea, That was one of my mid-process pictures. I will be posting some final results in a few! Good eye
smile.gif