• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Got my new scope!!!

high_octane

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Got my new scope! Nightforce F1 with the horus rec. Got it from Alex at eurooptics. Cant say enough nice things about these guys! Just thought id share.
grin.gif

Re: Got my new scope!!!

Congratulations on a nice scope.

Alex gets a lot of praise around here but thats what you should expect when you have great customer service.

What do you think of the horus reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: high_octane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my new scope! Nightforce F1 with the horus rec. Got it from Alex at eurooptics. Cant say enough nice things about these guys! Just thought id share.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I bought the same scope with the H-58 from Alex.What a fantastic scope it is!Just yesterday some friends and I were out shooting and I did a sidebyside with his Hensoldt 6-24x72 and the F1.Yes the Hensoldt had better resolution but just...just barely.I had to do a bit of back and forth to make sure I was seeing it.The H-58 reticle,10 mil knobs and zero stop has made the F1 a near perfect scope for me.This is probably the only scope I own that I plan on keeping.I wish I could just order a few more
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations on a nice scope.

Alex gets a lot of praise around here but thats what you should expect when you have great customer service.

What do you think of the horus reticle? </div></div>

For me it's the floating dots!!! I dial down .5 mil,right .5 mil and use that dot for precise aiming.That .04 mil/.15" dot appears to be .03 mil to the eye so it's friggen tiny!

Little story...It was kind of funny yesterday! I always try to confirm my 100Y zero before I shoot further out.So I used the dot on the black diamond in the middle of a 2" blaze orange stick up.I believe the black center is a 1/4".I fired 3 shots and couldn't see any hits.I'm thinking to myself crap the scope must of shifted really bad to not even see my hits.I hope the heck my new scope isn't broken
mad.gif
so I walked down to the target all pissed off.LOL...all 3 shots were in the black.Life was good again
grin.gif

Then there's the milling lines above the main cross hair.They are different in height by .1 mil.Milling for me is very hard to get right,these help a lot!

Actually theres so many different sized line thicknesses,numbers and distances between them it's amazing really.