• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Got my new USO... *UPDATE - Got Replacement*

AJBello

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
Salem, OR
Well, after 14+ weeks my new USO arrived today... with the wrong reticle.
frown.gif
It's a SN3 3.2-17 Tpal, and was supposed to have a MDMOA, but instead came with a PCMOA. The SN matched the paperwork, which did specify MDMOA, so it looks like someone just goofed and put the wrong one in on assembly I guess.

I already called USO and arranged to ship it back and have a new one built. They said it would go to the top of the list and shouldn't take long. They were very courteous and apologetic about the mix-up.

Hopefully the new scope will be here soon. This is in no way a knock on USO by the way, they are handling it and I know everyone makes mistakes... it still sucks though
frown.gif
. Just needed to vent I guess...

Re: Got my new USO...

I know you are dying to shoot with it too.
laugh.gif

Sorry about the mixup but you know they will take care of you.
I have 2 USO's and could not be happier with either of them.
While we all make mistakes it's good to know they will always stand behind you after the sale. That's worth alot!

what knobs did you get? If you want MOA knobs and an MOA reticle, a REAL MOA RETICLE, then your only choice is the CMG MOA reticle. The other two you list above are IPHY reticles.

You are dead-on Leo. Personally, I prefer IPHY reticles and adjustments.

You may know this already, but...
There is another true MOA reticle, the JNGMOA, but it is only offered for the SN-4 1.5-6 as far as I know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AJBello</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, after 14+ weeks my new USO arrived today... with the wrong reticle.
frown.gif
It's a SN3 3.2-17 Tpal, and was supposed to have a MDMOA, but instead came with a PCMOA. The SN matched the paperwork, which did specify MDMOA, so it looks like someone just goofed and put the wrong one in on assembly I guess.

I already called USO and arranged to ship it back and have a new one built. They said it would go to the top of the list and shouldn't take long. They were very courteous and apologetic about the mix-up.

Hopefully the new scope will be here soon. This is in no way a knock on USO by the way, they are handling it and I know everyone makes mistakes... it still sucks though
frown.gif
. Just needed to vent I guess... </div></div>

Hey! I'm waiting for the call on my SN-3 3.2X17 T-PAL with PCMOA reticle. I ordered it Feb. 4 and was quoted 3 months...hmmm

I really like USO scopes. I have quite a few!

Never had a problem but their wait time is pretty long. I sent a fixed power scope in to have it changed to a variable power Sn3. After their clean room accident I still dont have my scope but called in today and they said it would ship by Friday. So all is well, I wasnt in a huge rush for it anyway. And Im sure with their new location going up on the east coast the wait times will lower.

Don't have my first scope from them yet (on order), but I can say the customer service is well above most companies let alone those strictly USA.
Enjoy...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what knobs did you get? If you want MOA knobs and an MOA reticle, a REAL MOA RETICLE, then your only choice is the CMG MOA reticle. The other two you list above are IPHY reticles. </div></div>

Yes, I want the IPHY reticle... makes sense to me. As I understand it, USO automatically calibrates the knobs to IPHY if you order a IPHY based reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are dead-on Leo. Personally, I prefer IPHY reticles and adjustments.

There is another true MOA reticle, the JNGMOA, but it is only offered for the SN-4 1.5-6 as far as I know. </div></div>

No..I got my USO the other day, SN-3 in 1.8-10 wiht a JNGMOA.

B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winny</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rafael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are dead-on Leo. Personally, I prefer IPHY reticles and adjustments.

There is another true MOA reticle, the JNGMOA, but it is only offered for the SN-4 1.5-6 as far as I know. </div></div>

No..I got my USO the other day, SN-3 in 1.8-10 wiht a JNGMOA.

B.
</div></div>
Have you verified if it is MOA or IPHY yet?
That's good news if it is offered in the 1.8-10. I really like the reticle!
I would be pleased with the config you ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mute</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought all of USO's MOA turrets are in IPHY unless specified differently. </div></div>

Prior to the introduction of the CMG reticle their default was an IPHY reticle with MOA turrets. Not sure what the latest "default" is for them.

No such issues to deal with when getting Mil/Mil.

In 2006 (prior to the CMG, I believe) I ordered and received my SN-3 with IPHY reticle and turrets without specifying MOA or IPHY. I didn't realize there was anything but MOA or Mil at the time. I have carefully verified both as true IPHY, and could not be happier with what I got.

Re: Got my new USO... *UPDATE - Got Replacement*

I received my replacement scope today with the correct reticle (MDMOA - illum) installed. I really, really like this reticle
grin.gif
. Apparently when USO got the first scope back they were out of MDMOA reticles. In turn, the wait for the replacement was just over a month. The scope was completed yesterday, and Becky shipped the scope overnight / saturday delivery and got it to me today.

I got the scope all mounted up and hope to get some trigger time with it next week sometime. Initial impression is of course impressive. Fit / finish, glass, turrets, etc are all extremely nice. As I said, I really like the MDMOA reticle, and already prefer it to the PCMOA that is in my 5-25 Tpal. Here are some comparison pics between the two scopes:

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

1/2 MOA EREK on the 3.2-17
DSC_0018-1.jpg

1/4 MOA EREK on the 5-25
DSC_0017.jpg

MDMOA at 3.2X
MD_3.jpg

MDMOA at 17X
MD_17.jpg

PCMOA at 5X
PC_5.jpg

PCMOA at 25X
PC_25.jpg

I have discovered that I suck at the art of taking reticle pics. They look much better when looking through the scopes
wink.gif
. I look forward to getting some trigger time with the new scope, but am loving it so far...

That is sexy!!!! I am ordering my USO this week. From what I hear, thier customer service is second to none.

Gorgeous rifles and scopes. I just got my first USO last week and couldn't be happier. I have a slight advantage in that if I ever have a problem with mine, I can run over there during lunch hour...
laugh.gif

Let us know how the new scope performs. Thanks.

That's some good shit right there.

I got out to the range a couple days ago with the new USO. I was able to spend several hours and 100 rounds with the new scope. It was a beautiful day, about 80 degrees with minimal wind. On top of all that, we had the range to ourselves the majority of the day... hard to beat a day like that!
grin.gif

The first task was to zero the scope. On the "QC Procedures" checklist that is supplied with the scope, one of the checks is "Elevation Set @ 100yds on 20MOA Down Base". This was marked with a handwritten "set". As I wanted a 100 yard zero, and am using a 20 MOA base, I was hopeful that the scope would already be close and require little work to get it zeroed. I put one target at 50 yards initially to ensure I was "on the paper". I fired one round and was nearly dead on, so I shifted to the 100 yard target. I fired three rounds and had a nice group about half an inch high and two inches to the right. I dialed .5" down and 2" left into the scope, and fired three more rounds, which were dead on. I then zeroed out the caps... and DONE!

I was slightly worried about the EREK zero procedure going into the range session. The night before I watched the video that has been posted here, and also read the supplied instruction sheet several times. The extremely painless zero on the 3.2-17 was a nice surprise. If you're going to zero at 100, and are using a 20 MOA base, the pre-set elevation before it leaves USO is a nice bonus.

After the scope was zeroed, I did some shooting at 100 and 200 (the farthest this range goes to
frown.gif
). I really, really, really like the MDMOA reticle. I have the illuminated version, which is a touch "thicker" at the center crosshair if my understanding is correct. If you were going to be using a scope mainly for shooting groups on paper, I think some may find this reticle too thick. For field use I really like it just how it is. For reference, I recently sold a Nightforce 3-15 with the NPR1 reticle, which I found too fine, or "thin". I also played around a bit with ranging with the reticle. I personally like the IPHY system, which is one of the reasons I went with USO. Again, I really like this MDMOA reticle, and much prefer it to the PCMOA that is in my 5-25. The MDMOA just looks a little "cleaner" and not so busy. I still like the PCMOA, just not as much.

Due to the 200 yard range, I didn't really get to crank on the EREK much. I will say that the clicks are extremely positive, and feel great. The windage knob is equally as positive. Neither knob has any "mush" in between the clicks.

I also found the glass to be extremely clear and bright. I have never used a S&B or Premier, so I can't comment on how the USO stacks up optically, but I don't know how either could get much better than this! My buddy that was with me has one of the old Springfield Armory scopes on his SPS tactical.
sick.gif
After putting a few rounds through his stick, I was very appreciative of having nice glass. He also had his 700P with a Leupy Mk4 on it. I have always thought Leupold is decent glass, but the USO is just on another level to my eye. The only other glass I've had that I remember being on the same level was Nightforce. I didn't have one at the range to do a side by side comparison though. To summarize, the USO glass is beautiful, and I love it!
wink.gif

I hope to get out in the next few weeks and get some more time on the USO. Hopefully at a spot with much more range and stretch the legs a little. A couple pics from the range session:

DSC_0025-1.jpg

USO_range1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

During this same session I was also zeroing the 5-25 SN3 that is on my Barrett. I have had that scope since late last year, but just didn't zero it yet. As the M99's rail is parallel to the bore, the pre-set 20 MOA elevation was not as ideal. I got the scope zeroed, but did feel a little fuzzy about the whole process. At this point the EREK on the 5-25 has more "down" adjustment than I want. I need to re-watch the video, get a better feel for the process, and re-zero the .50. I am equally as impressed with the 5-25 USO. The quality on both scopes is top notch. A pic of my buddy on the .50 after getting it zeroed:

DSC_0016.jpg