• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my Noveske!

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
Well here it is. After deciding back in June to part out pretty much my entire AR and start from scratch, it's almost complete. I want to thank Scott at Liberty Optics and Brian at Werner Arms for helping me out with the scope and upper and a big thanks to trident1982 for the inspiration on the stippled XTM/KAC panels. This thing is a million times better than what it used to be and I have no doubt that it will shoot a million times better too. I was going to wait until it was complete to post pictures but I just got done stippling the XTM's and just had to show it off lol. Here's the specs:

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Lower</span></span>
RRA lower & LPK
Ergo grip
LMT SOPMOD Gen2
LMT buffer, spring, and tube

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Upper</span></span>
Noveske 18" SPR upper
SWS 14" rail
BCM gunfighter charging handle
Smith Vortex flash hider
Stippled Magpul AFG
Magpul XT's on bottom
Stippled Magpul XTM's
Stippled KAC panels
Trijicon Accupoint 3-9x40

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">Wish List</span></span>
Geissele SD-E
ADM Recon mount
Harris BRM-S in an ADM mount
Magpul trigger guard

Here she is:

Before:
DSCF2895.jpg

After:
DSCF3209.jpg

DSCF3204.jpg

DSCF3208.jpg

DSCF3210.jpg

DSCF3211.jpg

DSCF3212.jpg

Re: Got my Noveske!

Noveske makes a fine rifle and you have a fine specimen. Just need screw and A2 flash hider on it and you will be ready to shoot.

I like the LMT SOPMOD, the ERGO grip, and the upper is the tits.

Your friends are going to hate your guts. LOL.

Yeah, thats going to shoot well. Nice selection.

Thanks guys. I can't wait until it's finished so I can get an entry for elfster's shootout thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the LMT SOPMOD, the ERGO grip, and the upper is the tits.

Your friends are going to hate your guts. LOL.</div></div>

Haha that's what I was goin for. This is my first time trying out the ERGO grip and the SOPMOD and they'll probably be the only grip and stock I ever use again. They are SO comfortable!

My cousin thinks his 16" M&P15 will be able to hang with mine just because he got a rifle length rail and a scope for it. We'll see about that...

Looking forward to it pigman. I'm absolutely loving the look of the rifle. It is one down right sexy stick. I'm sure the hogs will be running the other direction! You can not go wrong with the new upper. Very nice.

Lets see if you can take Mcarnell82 off his high horse.... Shit, just shoot the horse! LOL (JK mcarnell82).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys. I can't wait until it's finished so I can get an entry for elfster's shootout thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the LMT SOPMOD, the ERGO grip, and the upper is the tits.

Your friends are going to hate your guts. LOL.</div></div>

Haha that's what I was goin for. This is my first time trying out the ERGO grip and the SOPMOD and they'll probably be the only grip and stock I ever use again. They are SO comfortable!

My cousin thinks his 16" M&P15 will be able to hang with mine just because he got a rifle length rail and a scope for it. We'll see about that... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good looking rifle man . l am hoping to get pictures of mine up today. </div></div>

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to seeing it. What kind of barrel did you get?

Also I was thinking, do I really need a one piece mount like an ADM or LaRue, or would rings be fine? I'm never going to be switching between optics so I don't really NEED a QD mount but idk if rings would give me the right eye relief.

Nice rig! Definately jealous. I sent my payment out last week for a 16" Recon with NSR. I think my bolt gun will be neglected for a while when she gets here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rig! Definately jealous. I sent my payment out last week for a 16" Recon with NSR. I think my bolt gun will be neglected for a while when she gets here.</div></div>

Haha thanks. It was definitely worth the money. I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to the bolt gun. I have a .25-06 that's been my baby for a while now and has killed more hogs than I care to count, but I think this AR might force it into an early retirement. I have a feeling I'll be using this thing to hunt everything from now on, not that that's a bad thing...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, how does she shoot?</div></div>

I wish I knew. I'm still waiting on a scope mount and a trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gen 1 lower?</div></div>

Right now its got a rock river lower. Hopefully I'll be able to get the cash together to change it out with a Noveske Gen2 or a Seekins lower, but the RRA will have to do for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me thinks you just showed me how I want my next AR to turn out. </div></div>

Haha thanks man. I'm so anxious to see what the finished product will look like. It really wouldn't be the same if it weren't for the stippled XTM/KAC panels and if it weren't for trident1982, I would never have gotten the idea. I remember the first time I saw his rifles on google images, I just fell in love and I know I'm not the only one.

Looks excellent. Make sure to tell us more about how it shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pigman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon05_88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, how does she shoot?</div></div>

I wish I knew. I'm still waiting on a scope mount and a trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gen 1 lower?</div></div>

Right now its got a rock river lower. Hopefully I'll be able to get the cash together to change it out with a Noveske Gen2 or a Seekins lower, but the RRA will have to do for now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me thinks you just showed me how I want my next AR to turn out. </div></div>

Haha thanks man. I'm so anxious to see what the finished product will look like. It really wouldn't be the same if it weren't for the stippled XTM/KAC panels and if it weren't for trident1982, I would never have gotten the idea. I remember the first time I saw his rifles on google images, I just fell in love and I know I'm not the only one. </div></div>

Yeah you're right about the stippling. I did that to the AFG on my LR-308 too. Makes it look & feel real good & it's easy to do. I dig how your hand guard is, I want.

I am jealous! .............just want to own a Noveske barrel!!
nice rig my friend---why did you switch UBR for SOPMOD?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am jealous! .............just want to own a Noveske barrel!!
nice rig my friend---why did you switch UBR for SOPMOD?</div></div>

Thanks man. I love the UBR but I wanted to lighten it up a little bit. The UBR is a heavy beast. I tried the ACS with a scope on my friend's gun and really liked the cheekweld but Magpul stocks are just a little too common so I went with the SOPMOD and have no regrets. My SOPMOD is MUCH tighter than my friend's ACS even with the friction lock.

Nice work! I run the same barrel in my 3-gun rifle and it easily shoots .5moa groups with Nosler 77gr Custom comp, 23.6gr tac, cci M41, and LC brass.

Solid choice going with the Noveske, I bought one a few years ago a 14.5 Afghan stainless and it has worked flawless for me. It has 6000 rounds through it and is still a 1 MOA weapon.

Nice gun, I also have a 18" Noveske SPR upper. My set up is similar to yours but I kept my UBR and used a Gen II Noveske lower with a Geissele SSA. You will love it once you get that trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice gun, I also have a 18" Noveske SPR upper. My set up is similar to yours but I kept my UBR and used a Gen II Noveske lower with a Geissele SSA. You will love it once you get that trigger.</div></div>

What kind of groups are you getting out of yours? I'm hoping mine will shoot at least 3/4 MOA.