• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my OBR Today

mkollman74

Quo Vadis?
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2009
    WA, USA
    Just picked up my OBR. Can't wait to put some rounds downrange with 'er. Looking to throw a PRS and Surefire brake on, and I still need to settle on the glass. I am thinking a Leupy FFP M5 with one of the Horus reticles. Oughta be fun...

Re: Got my OBR Today

I call bullshit until you provide pics! Congrats btw. Get ready to be called a fanboy. LaRue has always treated me well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I call bullshit until you provide pics! </div></div>

He aint BSing as I can whitness it. I am sure pics are coming.

A fan boy is not a person who buys a Larue gun but a person who will without any experience say how good an item is. Larue has some good stuff and an ego the size of Texas. He asks that everyone speak nothing but 100% praise about his stuff but calls everyone else who builds anything that competes against his stuff shit. He is the weakest point of the company. I have used Larue’s CS and yes they are fast and great to deal with but Mark is not. Pretty much if you have something that cannot be dealt with and you end up with Mark then get ready for the shit storm. I wouldn’t even say that he has fan boys but rather a closet of viper cronies who do nothing but kiss his ass and wait to bite anyone who doesn’t.
    Larue makes some nice rifles but after Poison on here had issues with his rifle and was told it was just him Mark ran an internet campaign against him then went out and fixed the issue but never admitted his problem nor did he apologize for being an asshole. Some of his stuff is outdated in quality and cost, better mounts for cheaper money than LaRue.
    His uppers are good shooters and his OBR is a nice built gun but I would rather go with a GAP for the money. JMHO

Fanboi or not, you'll enjoy it! Especially running the Mk4 w any Horus reticle. I'm running the h-37 & love the hell outta that thing. Grab some good ammo, the Kestrel 4500 w ATrag & be prepared to amaze yourself & shootin buddies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A fan boy is not a person who buys a Larue gun but a person who will without any experience say how good an item is. Larue has some good stuff and an ego the size of Texas. He asks that everyone speak nothing but 100% praise about his stuff but calls everyone else who builds anything that competes against his stuff shit. He is the weakest point of the company. I have used Larue’s CS and yes they are fast and great to deal with but Mark is not. Pretty much if you have something that cannot be dealt with and you end up with Mark then get ready for the shit storm. I wouldn’t even say that he has fan boys but rather a closet of viper cronies who do nothing but kiss his ass and wait to bite anyone who doesn’t.
    Larue makes some nice rifles but after Poison on here had issues with his rifle and was told it was just him Mark ran an internet campaign against him then went out and fixed the issue but never admitted his problem nor did he apologize for being an asshole. Some of his stuff is outdated in quality and cost, better mounts for cheaper money than LaRue.
    His uppers are good shooters and his OBR is a nice built gun but I would rather go with a GAP for the money. JMHO
    </div></div>

sigh... Cant a guy just be happy with his new rifle. OBR, GAP10, armalite, who cares.... Im glad you enjoy your rifle and many of us cant wait to see it complete.

A guy should always be happy with a new rifle. I would like to also see it complete with the scope and everything. Are you going to use the OBR mount from LaRue also? As long as you shoot it and enjoy it then who cares what I think
    smile.gif

Congrats again. I'm still waiting on mine. And still too hot to have fun with it here anyway.

I didn't know Leupold offered a Horus reticle. Details, please!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_VIKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fanboi or not, you'll enjoy it! Especially running the Mk4 w any Horus reticle. I'm running the h-37 & love the hell outta that thing. Grab some good ammo, the Kestrel 4500 w ATrag & be prepared to amaze yourself & shootin buddies. </div></div>

Had the Horus w/ ATRAG already, and just got my HDMR w/ H59 reticle today. Can't wait for this weekend. When I get her all put together I'll get some pics up. I've been lucky enough to experience what these guns can do. Chris Costa was generous enough to let a few of us put some rounds through his at distance at a recent PR1 course. I immediately knew I must have one. Found Beenjammin's deal (100% GTG BTW) and here I am. Can't wait...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A fan boy is not a person who buys a Larue gun but a person who will without any experience say how good an item is. Larue has some good stuff and an ego the size of Texas. He asks that everyone speak nothing but 100% praise about his stuff but calls everyone else who builds anything that competes against his stuff shit. He is the weakest point of the company. I have used Larue’s CS and yes they are fast and great to deal with but Mark is not. Pretty much if you have something that cannot be dealt with and you end up with Mark then get ready for the shit storm. I wouldn’t even say that he has fan boys but rather a closet of viper cronies who do nothing but kiss his ass and wait to bite anyone who doesn’t.
    </div></div>

sigh... Cant a guy just be happy with his new rifle. OBR, GAP10, armalite, who cares.... Im glad you enjoy your rifle and many of us cant wait to see it complete. </div></div>

Thanks, dude.

You guys are absolutely killing me. Can't wait until mine gets here. It's only been about 4 weeks. I guess I have to wait a bit longer. Question is what should I do with my POF?

OBR is a great rifle, I have a 16" and it shoots cloverleafs every time. Congrats!

[img:center]
    DSC_0010.jpg
    [/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are absolutely killing me. Can't wait until mine gets here. It's only been about 4 weeks. I guess I have to wait a bit longer. Question is what should I do with my POF? </div></div>

Is yours a 20"? There was quite a delay on those but they just started sending out shipping notices this week. My wait was 8 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are absolutely killing me. Can't wait until mine gets here. It's only been about 4 weeks. I guess I have to wait a bit longer. Question is what should I do with my POF? </div></div>

Well I can take it off your hands for you if you like. I would be willing to do that, to help a fellow hide member
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RuLins05</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are absolutely killing me. Can't wait until mine gets here. It's only been about 4 weeks. I guess I have to wait a bit longer. Question is what should I do with my POF? </div></div>

Well I can take it off your hands for you if you like. I would be willing to do that, to help a fellow hide member
    wink.gif
    </div></div>
    For a nominal fee, I can certainly let that go.

I just want to say I had mine first. You need to get it up and running so we can go work on our calls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats man. I just picked mine up today as well. Needless to say I'm stoked. </div></div>

Well, when Daps! and I get some trigger time with these, perhaps an Oregon Sniper Challenge may be in our future...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just want to say I had mine first. You need to get it up and running so we can go work on our calls. </div></div>

You know that's true. Got Seekins rings on the way. I should be good to go by next weekend if I can get some loads developed.