• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my Rifle Basix trigger today.

tt350z

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2009
Minot, ND
Initial impressions are positive.

Installed on my 700 in a AICS 1.5 with no clearance issues.

I ordered the L1-k since my sps-v has the x-mark trigger.

Initially the pin would fall if the bolt was closed hard, 1/4 turn on the sear adjustment fix that. But I'll have to take it to the range and make sure it will hold after shooting some rounds through it.

Mine has a little bit of take-up, it's slightly gritty but I'll see if it goes away after a few hundred dry fires. The small bit of take up makes it feel almost like a 2-stage trigger, as I can feel when it hits the wall before the break. Not something I expected, but it doesn't bother me at all.

The break is significantly lighter, cleaner and way more consistent than the X-mark.

I'll have a follow up after I take it to the range, and hopefully my groups can get consistent.

Re: Got my Rifle Basix trigger today.

I bought one for a savage and returned it. Absolute junk, IMO.
I see no improvement from it over the x-mark trigger either. I'd go timney for a remmy, personally...

I have a pair of RB triggers and I love them. I could not disagree more with bodywerks statement that they aren't much of an improvement over a xmark.

Maybe it's a different trigger design, but the SAV-1 I bought to replace my accutrigger was a BIG step down. It was very rickety and the pullweight adjustment spring riding on the saftey rail was a JOKE! It also wouldn't hold sear engagement or overtravel adjustments to save its life.

looked at the remington offerings and they appear to be of much better quality and look nothing like the SAV-1. maybe they are better than I experienced with my savage...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tt350z</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Initial impressions are positive.

Installed on my 700 in a AICS 1.5 with no clearance issues.

I ordered the L1-k since my sps-v has the x-mark trigger.

Initially the pin would fall if the bolt was closed hard, 1/4 turn on the sear adjustment fix that. But I'll have to take it to the range and make sure it will hold after shooting some rounds through it.

Mine has a little bit of take-up, it's slightly gritty but I'll see if it goes away after a few hundred dry fires. The small bit of take up makes it feel almost like a 2-stage trigger, as I can feel when it hits the wall before the break. Not something I expected, but it doesn't bother me at all.

The break is significantly lighter, cleaner and way more consistent than the X-mark.

I'll have a follow up after I take it to the range, and hopefully my groups can get consistent. </div></div>

I just purchased the same trigger a few days ago for my sps-v. Just waiting for its arrival now!! I had mine set for 2.5# Can't wait!!

My sentiments are the same here on my KMW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slickrick0999</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a RB in my KMW. I really like it. No creep or overtravel. Breaks clean. </div></div>

Mine is sitting in a Stevens Light Tactical hunter and is set at 1.6#'s... MINE IS AWESOME!!

DK

Remington and Savage triggers are completly different designs. The RB Remington triggers work great, I've been using one for 1K competition for about five months now.

i have three of them, in a marlin 22 mag (3/4 lb), a savage mkii bv (1 lb), and in a stevens 200 (3/4 lb).

love every one, especially for the price, except that there is no external adjustment, so you have to take it all out of the stock to adjust.

it took a little playing around to get it just right (poundage, creep, overtravel), and to get it just right not to slam fire, but once set is really nice. the one on my savage mkii seems to have a sise to side "looseness", but easily fixed by shimming the the trigger with thin washers / or e clips.

are they a timney? NO, but if on a budget, is an excellent addition to any rifle.

I got more time to play with the sear engagement. It was a little time consuming to remove it from the stock to adjust, but it's all in the past now.

I was able to adjust it to where there is no more creep and it doesn't fire when driving the bolt closed hard. No issues with it firing when disengaging the safety.

I'm happy with my purchase and don't regret it at all.

My LTR has a Rifle Basixs trigger, and its awesome! Breaks at 8-9oz every pull. Feels much like a Target Accutrigger, but without the goofy Glock blade
laugh.gif