• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got my rifle from GAP

Cvarney

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2011
Williamson WV
I got my rifle in Monday morning. Of course it started raining 20 minutes after FedEx dropped it off, but such is life. Figured I'd try to show mine off a little bit too. Sent them a stock SPS in an HS stock around July the 9th so it took just over 2 months door to door. I tried to pick parts they used on their in house builds and would likely have in stock.
Specs are:
Remmington 700 left hand action trued and blueprinted
Bartlein 20" 5r barrel #7 GAP contour 11.25 twist and threaded
Badger lug, bottom metal, and bolt knob.
I kept the xmark trigger but had them tune is to 2.5 pounds
Mil spec OD cerakote
HS stock I had when I sent them the rifle, thinking I'm going to get it painted some time to break up all the green.

Haven't gotten the chance to shoot it yet, hoping to tomorrow after work. I'll post up some groups when I get to.

IMG_1655_zps6220bbba.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

Re: Got my rifle from GAP

Nice set-up. I'd be willing to bet that you'll be happy with the results of your next range session.

I would start with 44.3 grains of that Folgers over a 175gr. smk. I heard thats the most accurate load for a Gap!!! Don't forget to lube that bolt with some of that frenchs mustard during break in. Nice reloading bench by the way!!
LMFAO!

Super nice rifle, can't wait to see how she shoots, lights out I suspect. Congrats.

78, you can't forget the tactical condiments man. Makes everyone a deadeye.
And yeah it's a .308 win. I don't know what made me leave that out.
Finally got it out today and zeroed it and made a couple groups. It shoots really well and feels good. Had a couple problems zeroing and chased it for a minute but once I got it I made 2 groups. One about 15 rounds that had more spread than I would like, but I didn't really focus on it was just enjoying putting some lead down the hollow. The last one was just 5 rounds and I took my time with it. Came out around .8 MOA. I'm sure that's me though. Like to blame it on being rusty lol but it'll squeeze in with time.