• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

got some load data finally

Mike0341

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Houston Texas
finally started working on a load for my AAC-SD

I'm still working on it but i have heard a lot of things about 44gn of target so i wanted to see how it would work in my rifle. i then bumped it up in .3 increments to 44.9 but i noticed that the pressure was starting to leave that moon shape on the back of the case from the ejector so i never shot the 44.9s.

also i was shooting with a magneto speed chrono. i forgot to bring my rubber tipped legs for my bipods so i was shooting with the claws for the first 7 shots until i decided to swipe my cousins bipods. with that said my 44gn shots i had 3 keyhole at 100 and 2 keyhole each other slightly to the right about 1/8 inch so I'm putting that on shooter error. 44.3gn my groups looked like shit. worse than factory ammo (way worse), and 44.6 was getting worse as well)

my overall length of the rounds are 2.354

im shooting .004 off the lands (it was supposed to be .005 then my next batch was going to be .01 but the first round made was .004 so i made 2 more and they were consistent so i stuck with it because it was consistent)

175gn SMKs

case trimmed to 2.009

powder measured with RCBS Charge Master 1500

muzzle velocity is 2556 fps measure with the magneto speed chrono as stated

so i know now that going higher than 44.3 is pointless because the accuracy just wasn't there. I'm going to make some loads up with 33.9,44, and 44.1 and test those out at 200 yards to see how much of a difference i can see in groups. i will also shoot those in the prone since from my personal experience i suck at shooting off a bench .its just not comfortable for me and seems awkward. also its unrealistic to think i would ever shoot anything except paper or steel in that position so its hard to take serious).

44.3gn - 2593 fps
44.6gn - 2616 fps

above rounds were made exactly the same as the 44gn rounds.

i may make a few 33.9gn, 44gn, and 44.1gn seated at .01 and .004 just to see if it makes a difference. so far seated at .004 with the 44gn seems to be a winner and i have research it and some seat at the lands and some seat off the lands from anywhere to .002-.01 so i think ill be ok as far as safety is concerned

well thats all i have. will hopefully have more data next week.

hope everyone has a happy turkey day
Mike
Semper Fi