• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got some new steel targets!!

macman2564

Private
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Enterprise, AL
Let me preface this by saying that all I shoot anymore is steel. To hell with paper targets! I am also not affiliated whatsoever with this target company.

But lately I have been steering away from precision rifle and shooting more pistol, AR, and shotgun. Needless to say a much higher volume of fire at a higher rate of speed. Well, all I had previosly is a bunch of different swinging targets. While the targets themselves are excellent AR500, the mounting systems required to hang them were the negative side. It was always such a pain to go down range and either replace chain or wire or rope or....

Well finally I found some targets that didn't break the bank and seem to perform well for high volume of fire scenerios. They are sold by Sniper Striker at http://www.sniperstriker.com/
I only bought some of the smaller IPSC and one of the small pepper poppers to try out but now I plan on purchasing more. Especially some of the large IPSCs. I also have a set of their swingers but I haven't tried them out yet.

I have taken these to the range 5 or 6 times now and they have been holding up really well so far. I have around two thousand rounds on them so far. An assortment of 308, 5.56, 9mm and 00 Buck.

I tried sticking them in the ground by hand at first but they didn't really stay for too long. Maybe 40-50 shots. But with a small mallet or hammer these things stay put for the long haul. I shot at them all day today and they didn't fall over at all.

A pic after the range today:

DSCN1940-1.jpg

Re: Got some new steel targets!!

Looks like something im going to have to look into. I have actually been looking for something just like this. And ps nice seekins I love mine.

Thanks guys. It is the Seekins lower made for American Reaper Arms here on the hide.

Shot some slugs into these today too. Held up great and didn't budge.

These targets had me intrigued: finally something that looks usable without an additional stand. No need to worry about finding old conveyor belts (or fire hose), no need to scare up a buddy that has welding equipment, etc. (Yeah, I'm a computer guy interested in long range shooting. I can do computers, cars, and electric. Don't do natural gas, welding, ...) After reading your review, I did go ahead and ordered a mid-size IPSC target and a small popper (letting me use their $15 off posted on the website).

These guys are good! Good communication, fast shipping, and in the end they did figure out USPS flat rate was going to be cheaper than what they charged for shipping, so they automatically processed a refund, reflecting their real shipping cost. I did order over the weekend, it went out Monday, received it today. Targets look good (see photos in the OP), already painted (rust protection?). Haven't shot them yet, obviously, but looking forward to it.

I just got pretty much the same setup as you and I'm liking them a lot. They are small enough to lay flat in my car's trunk and hardly take up space.

I used them in a soft berm and in frozen ground. The one in the soft berm went almost too deep and held up fine.
The frozen ground I could only get in half way by hand, which was enough to hold it up at 200 yards taking hits from a 223. It was getting loose by the end of few mags. Next time I'll bring a rubber mallet for these cold months.

All in all, I'm happy with them and will probably get a few more. Not to mention the company had fast shipping. For me, I couldn't ask for more.

Everything was all well and good, till they said that they won't sell to Canuckians or any other foreigners.

Damn I hate that. Otherwise, looks like a good idea. Have to make my own, I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ropes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got pretty much the same setup as you and I'm liking them a lot. They are small enough to lay flat in my car's trunk and hardly take up space.

I used them in a soft berm and in frozen ground. The one in the soft berm went almost too deep and held up fine.
The frozen ground I could only get in half way by hand, which was enough to hold it up at 200 yards taking hits from a 223. It was getting loose by the end of few mags. Next time I'll bring a rubber mallet for these cold months.

All in all, I'm happy with them and will probably get a few more. Not to mention the company had fast shipping. For me, I couldn't ask for more. </div></div>

I shoot steel waaayy closer than 200 yards with my 5.56. All of my AR 500 has held up way better than I had initially expected. These targets are no exception. They have the same quality as my other AR 500 targets but are much more portable and setup faster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everything was all well and good, till they said that they won't sell to Canuckians or any other foreigners.

Damn I hate that. Otherwise, looks like a good idea. Have to make my own, I guess. </div></div>

Sorry man. Didn't know about them not shipping to Canada.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you get your shot shell holder on left side of the shot gun? </div></div>

I think from Brownells or something like that. It is made by Mesa Tactical.