• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got the call - My first GAP is ready to ship!!

buckey

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pa
Just got home from work and found a message from Tracey on my voicemail. My first GAP rifle is complete and ready to ship!!

I cannot wait to get my hands on this bad boy - I've been dancing around like a kid at X-MAS!! I will post pics of my new riflle when it arrives.

Re: Got the call - My first GAP is on its way!!!!!

Congrats! What are the specs?

Here's my recipe:

GAP Templar Action = .308 caliber, right handed, spiral fluted bolt, tactical bolt knob, Badger oversized recoil lug

Bartlein 5R stainless barrel = 1-11.25" twist, #7 MTU contour, 22" finished length, recessed target crown

McMillan A3 stock = sniper fill wt., 13.75" fixed LOP w/ Decelerator pad, No cheekpiece, molded in "dark camo", texture on forend and pistol grip, 3 studs(2 front, 1 rear), pillar/skim bedded w/ 7075 pillars

Badger M5 DMS system w/ 5 round magzine

Remington 40X trigger tuned to 2.5#

Badger 20 MOA base

Badger 30 MM rings

CeraKote all rifle components in matte Mil Spec OD

I got the call yesterday that my spec M40A1 is complete and shipping out!

As I was reading this thread, the phone rings. Guess what, GAP called. My 300 win mag should be ready to be shipped out by the end of the week. Oh yes ! finally. Can't wait to get that baby.

I gotta say, I've had 2 of those calls - and it's almost like when you were 16 and dad got you a hooker and some hooch for your birthday.

Or something.

My dad never got me a hooker, but I know that is a good feeling to hear your GAP is on the way.

Enjoy and post pics.

I ordered mine on Dec 10th 2008 - when did you other guys that got the call order???

Sounds like a great rifle, can't wait to see some pix

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine on Dec 10th 2008 - when did you other guys that got the call order??? </div></div>

Sent mine in for barrel, muzzle brake, bolt work November 2008. In all fairness, there was a back log from Bartlein for about 6 months. But it doesn't matter. I should be getting mine soon. Was told today that the muzzle brake comes on, the bedding and then shipping. Oh yes!!!!!

To be honest, I really didn't expect the call until this Sept. or October, but hey I'm not bitching !!!!!!!

My buddy is still waiting for his 7wsm for like 9 months now. Congrats on the rig man...they put together great rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Everybodys getting a call but ME!</div></div>

I'm waiting too....seems like the fly in the ointment is the MST100. George mailed me to say the rifle was ready over a month ago. The scope was ordered back in March...

The wait is killing me!

Good luck wuth the new baby Buckey...should be a hammer!

Oh man, It won't be your last. I know and so does a few other people. Quite a few. Congrats. Please post some pictures so we can appreciate it also. Thanks in advance.

Wow! Ssure are a lot of people buying GAP's. Most people at the range say to me "is that a Remington 700?". They just give me a blank look when I say "No, it's a GAP Crusader." I want to add "it's a CRUSADER, get it?"
confused.gif

Congrats on the rig. Definitely need pics. I hope I get a call from Tracey soon.

I'm not expecting my call from Tracey until around Christmas time. Sure will be a merry Christmas this year though ;>).
Congrats on the new rifle.

I supplied and sent GAP all the parts the 1st week of March. Hopefully UPS makes a pit stop today !

Hi guys. I just have a question based upon the norm. I emailed GAP a month ago asking how long it would take to get a Crusader delivered and was told 6 weeks. I was only doing a couple of mods but I am a little confused after reading this thread that it seems that it will take a little longer. That is fine because I am trying to sell some safe queen pistols that really don't have a purpose except for being part of a collection which I have decided to let go. So, what is the standard wait time for one of their rifles? Is the Crusader just one of their standard production pieces that is always being built? I do not want to wait to sell those gun to get my build in line if it is going to take as long as you guys are talking about. Comments?

I ordered a standard Crusader the first week of June, The last I heard from Karrey was about 2 more weeks.
That was ummm.... Two Weeks from Tommorrow

OR 316 hours and 21 minutes...

But who's counting

BTW Buckey Congrats on the Rifle. can't wait to hear about it.

I can't help on the Crusader but I orderd my M40A1 clone back in April '08 - made some changes to go "off spec" in December '08. Got word from George that the rifle was finished about six weeks back...now just waiting on USo to deliver the MST100 to George so it can all get on the plane to the UK.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining and some of the delay has been down to me deciding to tweak the original spec.

I'm prepared to wait so that George and the guys can work their magic.

Just keep telling yourself that good things are worth waiting for.....

Are there pics posted? I can't see them... thread title says there are...

Pics on a new thread - my computer has a mind of its own!!!