• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors ??? Got the suppressed bug again

moochy28

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Maryville,Tn.
Ok after getting my first suppressor I am now looking at an integrally suppressed rifle. Can anyone tell me where to start as in who can make the barrel and suppressor.Can it even be done on say 18"barrel??

Re: ??? Got the suppressed bug again

Johns guns makes a cool 7.62X39 built on a CZ sporter rifle, think I saw a 308 built on an FN as well.

lookin at either 308 or 260..I already have a suppressed 308-22" barrel..Just want to try an integral suppressed rifle..

Personally I dont like the idea of an integrally suppressed rifle. its going to cost you 200 bucks and you can ONLY use it on that weapon, AND you have to leave it at the smithy's while you are waiting on yout paperwork to go thru. I would much rather have a removable can.

Outsydlooknin75 has a good point about not being able to move it around. If I was going to do another integral (I have a AAC 10/22) i'd get a SRT 77/44.

http://www.srtarms.com/7744.htm

That way you shoot 300 grainers subsonic and quiet. As well as you would be laying out a lot of whoop-ass. A integral really shines with subsonic ammo.

+1 for doug, just got a shadow XL TI for my 308. makes great integrals for rimfire, 77/44 and 96/44 rifles, the integral .458 socom uppers are pretty bad ass i hear also.

You want a suppressed 44mag.
TC Encore
Ruger 77/44
or
Remington 788
are your options.

I would have it suppressed by SRT.

Did you know McMillan will inlet their A series stocks for the Remington 788?....Yep.

That is very nice..I like it....Like I said i have a 308 that has a removable suppressor and I want an integral one

.300 whispers are cool, but they don't kill things as well as other options out there - if that is what you are looking to do with it.

I agree with Boyette, Saylors makes many fine integral cans, I have had him make me 5 of them now........HE is a master .