• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got to shoot a 375 Cheytac @ 1760 today!

McLarenross

Sergeant
Minuteman
Shot a little local team match this morning out to 400 yards with my 308(our team got first, yay, lol) and after the match myself and a few others were working on the 600 and 1000 steel. We were done and a guy who had been there the whole time as a spectator says "Ok, now I can set up" Im like huh?? So he unboxes a Lawton 8000 375 Cheytac!! Holy shit! Im drooling at this point and I asked him what I gotta do to get him to let me shoot this thing. He hands me a round and says go for it! He even let me shoot 3!! After adjusting the USO 5-25 it had on it I placed the third round dead center of the 14" steel plate at 1760 yards! Till now the farthest Ive shot is 1000 with my 308 so this was a major treat to get to do it. It was amazing how easy it was to shoot the rifle at that distance and damn what a difference good glass makes. Only took 40 MOA to get that 330gr lathe turned solid to 1 mile.

Here is the rifle and load with one of my 308s next to it for comparison.
2012-02-04_13-18-52_664.jpg

Re: Got to shoot a 375 Cheytac @ 1760 today!

It's a very impressive cartridge, eh? What I would give for Lapua to make .375CT brass...

I am drooling too. You are lucky as hell. What I would do to be able to do that.

You made me want to actually shoot my 375 Cheytac before I sell it. What an awesome opportunity!

Wow, a mile. Shit man, three shots, shit. "Thats a far piece Sam".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hypertex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is nice! What range was the zero though? </div></div>

After running my ballistics, believe it or not, that would be from a 100yd zero.

I'm about to test drive my new 375CT this weekend. That 330gr LeHigh Borerider should be going about 3200fps leaving the muzzle.... that would make your 1000yd come up from a 100yd zero about 16moa LOL

This round is an absolute beast.