• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Got to take my Bergara out

Wile_Coyote

None
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2018
    Florida
    www.none.com
    I bought a B14 HMR not too long ago. Yes I know others prefer other brands but I like my Bergara.

Finally got a scope for it and was able to take it out this weekend. It shot well. I like the 6.5 PRC round. Mild recoil and shoots well. Need to dial the scope in a little more. Overall everything was pretty smooth

The trigger on the Bergara is not bad. I am thinking I will change it as I really like a 2 stage more. Just started looking into them, I am more used to AR triggers and am familiar with more than a few brands. I spent a small fortune finding the trigger(s) I liked. I have run Elftmann and Triggertech in my AR's but settled on Geissele High Spped in my AR10 and AR Gold's in my AR15's. The Geissele's adjustability is great. The AR Gold is nice too. About the only thing I dont like with the AR Gold is the shoe is very thin.

What I am thinking now is between Elf, Bix and TT. Never tried Jewell, but heard good things. Was not impressed with Timney in the AR but I dont know how they are in the 700 pattern rifles. All you with experience any advice? Any input would be welcome.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
    I'd just go with the 2 stage triggertech diamond. That's all I ran on my 700 pattern rifles and is what will probably go in my hunting rifle as well.

If you want adjustability Id say the jewell you mentioned (though single stage only) or a bix n andy tac sport pro which you can get in a two stage flavor.

Reactions: Wile_Coyote
    I've got a Trigger Tech two stage Diamond in one of my Bergara rifles, and it's excellent. Highly recommend going that route.

Reactions: Wile_Coyote